Windows 7 MCE and Floppy/FireDTV "C"

Discussion in 'Other HTPC Applications' started by lsandini, December 17, 2009.

1. lsandini
    • Premium Supporter

lsandini MP Donator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Hello,

I have been a daily user of Mediaportal for about 2 years and I am eagerly waiting version 1.1 final. The news of Digital Everywhere closing struck me like many others. I got my hands on a Win7 beta last summer and asked Microsoft a beta licence code when it was possible, my copy is registered. I read that FireDTV and FloppyDTV cards are fully supported with the new drivers, and wanted to give it a go.

While MCE had been working fine (no TV) up to now, it suddenly won't start anymore, claiming a software restriction policy is the cause. I have set up no such restriction, and after googling around a bit, I found it is a very usual observation even with the released final Win7 version, and no specific cure for this error has been found. I tried all the tips and tricks mentionned in various forums to no avail.

This win7 machine is just for testing purposes, and I am not going to replace my well working MP HTPC for that. But still this puzzles me. Has anyone run into the same problem ? Found a solution ?

Lorenzo

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ravenrocks

ravenrocks Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I don't have the problem, but some googling led me to this answer:

The following resolved the problem for me...

1. Start > Default Programs > Set Program Access and Default Programs > Custom > OK
    2. Then under "Chose a default media player" put a tick behind "Windows Media Center" in front of "Enable access to this program"
    3. Hit OK

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!