Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote: Standard MCE Remote
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

Hello all,

I have a standard MCE remote that uses the Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver. The remote worked well with MP 1.0.2 and Vista x64. I've recently decided to go to Windows 7 Pro (legit retail) and installed the latest MP SVN. I can use the remote inside MP to do basic functions like up, down, back, stop, play, etc. But whenever I play a video, I cannot use the arrow keys to seek, and when I press the info button, nothing happens. I have tried selecting the MCE remote option and HID option in MP config, but neither will work. I'm not using an external player, and I've tried various video filters to rule out that possibility (both hardware decoding and software). I don't necessarily think this is a MP issue, probably more of a Windows 7 one, but does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

This is the remote I use - it's pretty standard: Newegg.com - Anyware GP-IR01BK Windows Vista Infrared MCE Black Remote Control

EDIT: Actually, now I'm thinking this may indeed be a MP issue as I can't use the volume control within MP, but I can use it in Windows without issue.

Disregard. Looks like it's an issue with disaster's MP release. Installed the normal 1.1.0 BETA and it works fine.

murfix

Portal Member
    June 29, 2008
    Hi,

I am having an identical issue, also running windows 7 (x86) And using the mce remote with the usb receiver box. I had no trouble using it in Vista + mp before. But now it also has only the very basic functionality so only up down enter enz. but no play/pause skip ahead and back...
    I think this issue lies with the combination of mp + windows 7.

Hope someone can help,
    Murfix

modtang

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Wollongong, NSW
    Home Country
    I'm also having the same issue. The Info and Back buttons are the two I've noticed not working. I am going to play with the remote mappings tonight to see if I can fix it but if anyone else has suggestions or a solution they would be quite welcome at this point.

mklement

Portal Member
    March 31, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This may be a stupid question, but have you made sure that MCE support is turned on the 'Remotes' category of the MP configuration application?

I had the same problem, until I noticed that support was turned off (perhaps when I installed 1.1.0 RC1?).

Note that the reason that some MCE remote buttons work even with MCE support turned off is that they emulate standard keyboard events; for instance, the directional buttons generate arrow-key events.

Hope that helps.

Shadowless

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    I am having the same issue, and yeah I have turned on the MCE turned don. Maybe I need to re-install Media Portal again?

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I am having the same issue, and yeah I have turned on the MCE turned don. Maybe I need to re-install Media Portal again?

Well, I have MCE remote and Harmony One + w7... no problem it works. (I just want a toggle display function)

bean

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Having same problem with 1.0.1, 1.0.2, and 1.1.0 RC2 on Windows 7 ... up, down, left, right, and Ok work .. but when watching a video, play/stop/pause don't work.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It might have to do with MP settings... Im using DVD navigator combined with cyberlink powerDVD 8 codecs.

bean

Portal Member
    December 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Here's the strange thing on this. The MCE (silver) remote was working in 1.1.0 RC2, but I was having crashes when playing videos, so I decided to do a full uninstall and roll back to a previous version that had been working fine. It was after doing that the remote Pause/Play/Stop/FF/RW buttons stopped working in all previous versions that I have tried so far. They work fine in other software (XMBC, Windows Media Center, etc). All I can guess is some DLL got deleted when I did the full uninstall and didn't get put back when installing earlier editions ... or maybe the full uninstall process writes something to the registry that disables the remote ... or perhaps something else completely. And yes, I always make sure the MCE Remote is checked in the remote section of the setup before testing.

ibizalover

Portal Member
    July 9, 2008
    Hi everyone,
    I have the same issue. I use the MCE remote. It was working quite fine until RC1: in RC1 I had some crashes when I pressed "info" while I was playing a video. I had to do a reset in mapping to make it work. I updated to RC2 and now no way to make it works. So I decided to go back to RC1 as it was working in this version and it doesn't work anymore too...

I tried everything I don't know what else I can do and I reallly need some help... There's no use for a HTPC without a remote!

ShouldI reformat my PC to have clean dll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom