Windows 7 Support (1 Viewer)

navytech

Portal Member
December 3, 2008
Well I Installed Windows 7 Beta on a a new Partition. I really like it only problem is I tried to install Media Portal and it says that version of windows is not supported. As far as I've read is Windows 7 is pretty much a upgrade from vista so I was hoping this issue might be taken care of soon.

navytech

Portal Member
December 3, 2008
Well that wouldn't make much sense. Isn't some of the point of a Beta OS help other software companies and hardware companies can make sure there products work smoothly on the new OS? Mid 2009 is only 6 months away. This way People that are using the beta can use media portal and report any errors so they don't pile up

The_Iceman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2008
    Duisburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal on "7" works fine so far...

Just MovinPictures will not work for me... during Media scan MovingPictures Configuration hangs...

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Well that wouldn't make much sense. Isn't some of the point of a Beta OS help other software companies and hardware companies can make sure there products work smoothly on the new OS? Mid 2009 is only 6 months away. This way People that are using the beta can use media portal and report any errors so they don't pile up

This is true - however, who pays for the Dev Teams MSDN subscription so that they can get Windows 7 for testing? Remembering that this is a open source/free bit of software.

Yes I know it can be "aquired" in other ways, but if we stick to the legal and correct way of doing things, it would cost the Media Portal Team a lot of money to get their hands on the Windows 7 beta.

This is probably why it wont be until its available and finished, and the dev team have purchased copies that Windows 7 and Media Portal will be tested.

So many people pirate OS software nowadays they forget that for any official development etc that a huge cost is involved in getting the latest and greatest. I know many developers who are stuck waiting for new software, knowing full well they could "aquire" it a lot quicker. It can be annoying at times :)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I really don't see the point of spending time and effort making MP work with a product not due to launch until 2010.
    Make MP as stable as possible FIRST - then worry about Windows 7 nearer the time.
    M$ are renowned in the industry for changing stuff during their beta's, so any time spent now making MP Windows 7 compatible, may well be wasted when M$ change something.

FORGET WINDOWS 7 UNTIL LATER!!

MrEMan

Portal Member
    February 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Windows 7 has been officially release from M$ as Beta Download the Windows 7 Beta

It would be great to see a MP release that does not block installation on the latest windows. It is clearly superior version of winblowz than vusta.

I'm sure people running beta OS's know the troubles associated with running their programs.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom