Windows Home Server Add-in for Scheduling in TVServer... (1 Viewer)

Javichu1984

Portal Member
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi everibody.

Does anybody knows if this WHS Add-in exists? As the WHS has the ability to give access over the internet, with this plugin, you can schedule all the recordings all over the world...

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks a lot for your help!:D

Javichu1984

Portal Member
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
But as WHS has an inbuilt webserver access with secure access, so, if a WHS add-in is developed, it will be available over the Windows Home Server console...

The easiest way is to develope a box with all the recordings scheduled, and to scheduled a new one, but, a more complete way, is to get on this plugin the TVServer guide timeline, to schedule programs over WHS.

As you say, the plugin of the web interface is available? If so, maybe the easiest way is to transform this web interface into a WHS add-in...

Thanks!

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes the WHS has an inbuilt webserver, but where is the problem to let this webserver host the webinterface? The authentification mechanism can be reused :)

My webbrowser is started most times, the console is mainly for administrative actions.

Currently there are some webinterfaces like 4 The Record available and in the near future there will be another Webinterface including the WHS authentification mechanism.

Javichu1984

Portal Member
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yes the WHS has an inbuilt webserver, but where is the problem to let this webserver host the webinterface? The authentification mechanism can be reused :)

My webbrowser is started most times, the console is mainly for administrative actions.

Currently there are some webinterfaces like 4 The Record available and in the near future there will be another Webinterface including the WHS authentification mechanism.

How do you think is posible to let the webserver host the webinterface? as there is no posibilitie of doing this (I think) The only way should be an Add-in that support webs...

Like this maybe?

http://www.wegotserved.com/2009/03/26/add-in-whs-webbrowser/

Thanks for your help!

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
It's a normal Internet Information Service 6.0 - believe me it's possible without any problems.

For example gemx Webinterface is a normal ASP.Net Webpage which can be hosted by IIS - if you install FastCGI + PHP you can also use the Webserver for Wordpress or something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom