Windows Live SkyDriveExplorer plugin v0.4.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a new MediaPortal plugin to to browse and maintain your Microsoft Windows Live SkyDrive!

Highlights:
  • allows you to browse your SkyDrive folder
  • allows file and folder upload/download operations
  • allows upload files from media browser windows (e.g. music or pictures) directly
  • view photo files, play music files and open favorites in your configured browser
Installation:
  • download and start the installer file "SkyDriveExplorer.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "SkyDriveExplorer.zip" from this post and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
Language Support:
  • english
Requirements:
  • MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher
  • a private and configured Microsoft Live account
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v0.2.4 - technical details overview added
  • v0.2.6 - support for Opera mobile browser added
  • v0.3.0 - more properties, code stabilization, other enhancements
  • v0.4.0 - fix connection problems due to API changes, scheduler functionality added
  • v0.4.1 - change compatibility flags to support MediaPortal v1.3.0 (incl. Alpha version)

GUI Screenshots.JPG

Since the SkyDrive API has changed completely to REST services, this thread and the discussed plugin is not supported anymore.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Windows Live SkyDriveExplorer plugin v0.2.0 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 and higher

Dear community,
the first public beta of this new plugin is online.
As you (maybe) know, there is no official SkyDrive API. Because of this, I want to invite current SkyDrive users to test this plugin to identify potential problems in different regions or countries. Feedback is very welcome, maybe some users can also help me to support more languages.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
at the moment I'm a little bit confused about the missing feedback. Anyway, this plugin was updated to a new version with more functionalities and different enhancements.

Informations for users:
  • upload folder functionality added
  • recursive upload folder functionality added
  • upload functionality for music/video/picture browser added
  • technical details overview added
  • support for Opera mobile browser added
  • more properties, code stabilization

I hope, some users are willing to report experiences here, otherwise I must expect this plugin isn't in use by anyone.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello esas,
sure, I'm aware of this and had test the API using Visual Studio 11 and the actual Windows 8 Developer Preview. But: this API is designed for Windows 8 Apps and for the upcoming .NET version. Because of this, it's not possible to develop any applications for Windows versions prior 8.

Cheers, Micropolis

RaffNix

Portal Member
January 30, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo Micropolice,

ich entnehme mal deiner Herkunft das du des deutschen mächtig bist :)

Irgendwie bekomme ich den Skydrive Explorer nicht ans laufen bzw sagt er mir das er sich nicht einloggen kann, Username / Passwort wären falsch, dass stimmt aber nicht!
Sie sind definitiv richtig, kann es daran liegen das ich aMPed nutze und die xml files ins aMPed Skinverzeichniss kopiert habe, funktioniert mit anderen Plugins aber gut?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello RaffNix,
sorry to say, but I have the same issue since more than 1 week.

The reason could be the result of one of the following:
  • the included SkyDrive API based on unsupported interfaces and xml-schemas (Microsoft can change this whenever they like)
  • the expected WebDAV-infrastructure is dead, means no server can be reached to verify your credentials
  • there are massive changes to the SkyDrive logon procedure (maybe as a result of the upcoming Windows Phone 7 version codename "Tango")

Currently I do not want invest time for big debugging or code change sessions, in my opinion the best way is to wait for the final version of the new SkyDrive REST SDK.
I don't know, if all users/countries are affected. I expect, the the plugin is dead for the moment.

PS: this is the english forum, please post your question in the appropriate language.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread and also in the plugin repository you can find the latest version of SkyDriveExplorer v0.4.0.
This version fixes the connectivity problems, which are caused by Microsoft internal API/protocol changes at the end of last year. For more information, please see the included manual.

Cheers, Micropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom