windows media center starts when using remote

Discussion in 'Input/Output Interfaces' started by Parn, November 4, 2010.

1. Parn

Parn Portal Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Aloha all together

I just got a problem I didn't find an answer to by searching the Forum.
    Windows 7 Home Premium has been installed on my HTPC yesterday and mostly everything worked fine.

But now I've got a big problem with my remote...
    I'm using the MCE remote via the Logitech Harmony. Worked absolutly fine with my old XP pro.

But now the Windows Media Center starts as soon as I press any button on the remote.
    It's still working fine in the Media Center... all Buttons are mapped... But I'd like to use MP. :)

Is there a way to complty disable this function or the Win MC at all?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,849 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    disable the media centre services from running. search the forums or googles for instructions.

4. bubsy83

bubsy83 Portal Pro

Driver
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    Show System Specs
    Run Group Policy Object Editor (GPEdit.msc), expand Computer Configuration (for per-machine settings if you want disable for all users on the computer) or User Configuration (for per-user settings if you want to disable for logged on user only), then expand Administrative Templates, and finally Windows Components, and select Windows Media Center. Change the setting for Do not allow Windows Media Center to run to Enabled. Once WMC disable policy is set, the following message will appear whenever users trying to run Windows Media Center.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!