Windows XP 64bit (1 Viewer)

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Windows Version: Windows XP 64 SP2
4. TV Card: HVR-1200

Hi, just wanted to confirm theirs no possible way of having Media Portal installed on WinXP 64bit SP2?

Ive just moved from Visita backwards due to a few problems, though I had checked to see if MP would run on XP I hadn't noticed the XP 64 warning.

Are their anyother alternatives, or is it perhaps possible to force the install on the off chance it may work?

Best Regards,

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
it does work if you can get round the installer, i'm using xp64 on my office machine as a client to main htpc box in lounge.
trick i used was on rc1 the main installer downloaded client installer which when ran independently did no version checking.

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Thanks for the replies, thats a shame.

As mdbarber suggested I have tried the earlier RC releases however the program crashes. Since then ive reformatted again, and currently trying out Sage. Shame as MP looks great.

Best Regards,

mdbarber

Portal Pro
February 19, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies, thats a shame.

As mdbarber suggested I have tried the earlier RC releases however the program crashes. Since then ive reformatted again, and currently trying out Sage. Shame as MP looks great.

Best Regards,

you say crashes?, you did read that the ".net pack" needs installing ( there is one for the x64 platform i seem to remember), as i said i only installed the client, if you went for the standalone or client/server install it may be different issue.

Jokke

October 28, 2008
Mediaportal works on XP x64

Hi,

I have mediaportal version MediaPortal_0.2.3.0_Final running on my XP x64 SP2 system.
I'm using it for 5months, I'm using it on a Wintv pvr500 card.

I'm using the Powerdvd codecs(hardware acceleration it's using avivo from my GPU's) + ffdshow + the ATI mediacentercodecs = nr1 qualty ^^ :)

I didnt try the new version of mediaportal, stil w88 for the final releas.

regards
Jokke

Jokke

October 28, 2008
screenshot mediaportal on XPx64

:D

Attachments

• Mediaportal on XPx64.JPG
    Mediaportal on XPx64.JPG
    165.1 KB

Gorlist

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Nice! any guides on how you installed it (or just follow onscreen instructions)? Wasn't all that impressed with Sage. Side question, MCE Remote and WinXP64?

Best Regards,

Jokke

October 28, 2008
guide

Sorry, I didnt used a guide.

Just trail and error.

Yesterday I changed some audio settings, no I have DTS sounds in mediaportal :)

I managed it by using a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty and the NEO6:DTS codec from powerdvd :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom