Windows XP "lite" ? (1 Viewer)

claudio_l2005

Portal Member
March 21, 2006
Hi,

someone knows if there is a way to install a "lite" windows XP OS?
I mean with a reduct number of features enabled, just what is required to run MP...

Thanks

Claudio

itech.services[at]gmail

Portal Member
April 17, 2006
NL
Or offcaurce nLite (its has way more options, is free, but only do-able before installing (since it will copy your install cdrom, modifies it and lest you install from your newly created xp-cdrom)),

if anyone is intrested about this, ill post a ini-file with settings you could use to created such a lite cd)

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
I can confirm that MP RC3 runs on TinyXP so long as you install WMP and .NET as well as the usual sundry files.

homer

April 19, 2006
I'm Interested

itech.services[at said:
gmail]
if anyone is intrested about this, ill post a ini-file with settings you could use to created such a lite cd)

I would be interestedin the ini file. I'm fairly new to the htpc arena though I have been playing with Tivo and XBox mods for awhile now. I had been looking into Meedio until the yahoo announcement yesterday. I want to do a clean install of everything on my htpc box and a minimal xp install would be great.
I really liked XBMC and MediaPortal is really starting to look good. I'm a .NET/Java developer by trade and may just have to look into this project more when I can find some time.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who is doing a great job on this project.

Homer

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
Replies
Views
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da] "EnableDebounce"=dword:00000001 There are several different values for the...
Debounce Registry Setting For anyone who wants to try the debounce registry setting, this is the setting: Windows Registry Editor...
I'm currently testing the new Sofabaton x1 remote control with which I want to replace my Harmony. Everything looks good so far...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom