WinLirc Plugin Problems (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I'm using the latest (within 3 days) version of WinLirc and the plug-in. I'm using MP 1.0.2.

I have configured WinLirc. It seems to be working. I have configured WinLirc Plug-in to see my remote. IN raw mode I see the button presses. I have bound these to MP events. In test mode for example when I press Volume+ I see the "=", likewise with the arrow keys and “Enter so I know that WinLirc is catching the event.

WinLirc is enabled.

Excitedly I start, Media Portal. I press the Up and down button on the main menu and nothing happens. None of the keys I configured are working.

I’m betting there is something I’m missing. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

A

Anonymous

fourth said:
Excitedly I start, Media Portal. I press the Up and down button on the main menu and nothing happens. None of the keys I configured are working.

Glad I'm not the only one with exactly the same problem... hopefully it'll be fixed soon :)
I've also reported it in the main WinLIRC thread

MissSophie

Portal Member
July 16, 2004
experiencing the EXACT same problems here... winlirc+winlirc_mp_plugin are working well, all keypresses are recognized correctly, but no reaction within MP. :( no solutions yet? cant be that big of an error, i think.

edit:
i think i located the problem: all "normal" keys are working (eg. when sending 'x' with IR to go fullscreen and back), but the "arrwows" are not. when winlirc sends 'right', 'up', 'left' etc. to MP, nothing happens. anyone knows why this does not work? how to send the "arrow-keys" etc. correctly?

MissSophie

Portal Member
July 16, 2004
*bump*
no one? :( i have now changed the MP keybinds to get my remote control working.. ('leftarrow' == 'l' etc.) but now it's obvious i can't use my keyboard anymore like before, because of the chaned keys..

A

Anonymous

MissSophie said:
*bump*
no one? :( i have now changed the MP keybinds to get my remote control working.. ('leftarrow' == 'l' etc.) but now it's obvious i can't use my keyboard anymore like before, because of the chaned keys..

So are you saying that the new non-working plugin can work if I change the keybinds?
Sorry I can't quickly test it myself because I uninstalled Media Portal cos I couldn't use it with a remote. Like trying to drive a car without steering wheel - how anyone else does it I haven't a clue. Mindcontrol?? :twisted:

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
Umm.. you can use girder (which is what im using currently). I currently have it set up in my living room so I'm using remote. But im thinking of adding a wireless keyboard and mouse.

Users who are viewing this thread