WinLIRC Plugin (1 Viewer)

SilenZZe

Portal Member
June 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
WinLIRC Plugin for MP 1.0 RC3

I worte a plugin for MP 1.0 RC3 that allows to receive commands from WinLIRC (0.6.5). The received commands are converted into n Media Portal commands and allow you to control Media Portal with your remote control.
As WinLIRC can be configured for many remote controls, maybe this plugin will be quite helpful for all nosupported remote controls.

I based my code on a earlier version if WinLIRC, fixed bug and restructured much.
Anyway it is the very first version and not completely finished (especially the configuration part may be improved.)
But i hope for some feedback, before i do the next steps.

Features:
- Save/load your configuration
- MediaPortal will not crash if WinLIRC is not running.
- 1 IR to n MP command relations
- Configuration page
- mapped commands can be conneted /disconnected
- configuration is autoloaded
- configuration is saved int the common application directory
- log file wiht basic information is written (all users)
link to Wiki Pages

Please give me feedback if you try.

Wiki Pages

Alex44

Portal Member
November 24, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hi SilenZZe!

Thank you for plugin - it really works! :D

However, autorepeat functionality (press and hold button) does not work. I can see that WinLirc Server sends continious autorepeat counts when i press and hold button on remote control, but mediaportal receives first single press only. Please advise, if it could be some problem on my PC, or autorepeat functionality is not supported in your plugin?

SilenZZe

Portal Member
June 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
However, autorepeat functionality (press and hold button) does not work. I can see that WinLirc Server sends continious autorepeat counts when i press and hold button on remote control, but mediaportal receives first single press only. Please advise, if it could be some problem on my PC, or autorepeat functionality is not supported in your plugin?
The autorepeat is not activated in this first version. but meanwhile i miss it too... Think i will spend some time on it.

Thx for the feedback.

neorules

Portal Member
August 27, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have developments of this plugin stopped or is it still going strong ?

I thought it would be more interest in this plugin when it is so easy to produce a receiver.

SilenZZe

Portal Member
June 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thank you for your kind replies.

Yes i had some time today to continue the implementation.

Here is V0.9.28:

- added autorepeat
- some small fixes

You can download it here:
Winlirc Plugin

If you upgrade from 0.9.27, just replace the dll. You can continue with your configuration.
You should visit the configuration page.
There you can specify a repetition time. As it differs from remote control to remote control how fast repetitions are sent, i added this timespan here.
It means every e.g. 500 ms a repetition command is sent to MP when you press down a button on your remote control. If you want a faster send reduce the time, if you want it slower, increase it.

Once migrated to V0.9.28, i think you can not go back to V0.9.27, because the config file can not be parsed any more.

If you want to go back to the previous version, preserve these files
- MediaPortal\plugins\process\WinLIRC Plugin.dll
- All Users\Anwendungsdaten\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MappedWinLIRCCommands.xml

Hope it works on your machines, enjoy!

r32godzilla

Portal Member
February 19, 2005
Thanks everything works for me except the menus under My TV. I have enter key on my Packard Bell Fastmedia remote set to action_next_item and it works for all the other submenus, but I'm tearing my hair out wondering why under My TV it won't work when I try and open the channel menu. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom