wintv doesn’t stop recording on time (1 Viewer)

dorothyr

Portal Member
September 26, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a Hauppauge dual usb tv receiver, using win tv. Windows 7.
It does not always stop recording as programmed, so cannot record the next programs scheduled. the only way I have found to stop it is to restart the computer, but then I lose what was recorded.
Sometimes it stops early.
Reinstalling didn’t help.
Is there a fix or is wintv not a good program?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a Hauppauge dual usb tv receiver, using win tv. Windows 7.
    It does not always stop recording as programmed,
    "WinTV" is a proprietary product belonging to the Hauppauge company. You really need to ask your question in a Hauppauge support forum, but there does not seem to be one. Perhaps if you ask Hauppauge Support via email, they will be able to solve your problem.

This forum deals only with the MediaPortal software, and no one here has any knowledge of the "WinTV" product.

Is there a fix or is wintv not a good program?
    If Hauppauge Support are unable to solve your problem, I would suggest asking a friend or family member who is a computer expert to see if they can find and solve the problem. MediaPortal is quite "techie", and I would not recommend it for someone who is not familiar with computers.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

dorothyr

Portal Member
    September 26, 2020
    Home Country
    Wish I had known it was so difficult before I wasted my very limited monthly data allotment on it. It won’t install.BEE02724-D798-4019-A1EF-CCC4B4C17EDF.jpeg10B2EB3E-02A8-4691-9C96-5AED65D2DCDC.jpeg

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Your log shows that you were trying to install MediaPortal version 2. As you have already downloaded version 2, you might as well see if you can get it to work. Possibly @morpheus_xx can offer some advice (he is an MP version 2 developer).

I use MediaPortal version 1. Unfortunately I have never used or installed MediaPortal version 2, so I cannot help you with that. However, MP version 1 is around a 250 MByte download, so I don't suggest that you download it. (I also have a limited data allowance, of 16 GB per month, which is why I don't stream video from the internet.)

An alternative to MediaPortal would be NextPvr, which is free for personal use and has similar capabilities. I have never installed it, so I don't know how big the download is. If you want to consider it, the NextPvr web site is here:

www.nextpvr.com

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like the download and installation of Dokan failed. You can try following things to work around this issue:

dorothyr

Portal Member
    September 26, 2020
    Home Country
    What is this about? Do I maybe have to uninstall the wintv program I am presently using?

Attachments

• 71A40354-54B5-4135-A0BB-C9FB23458FD8.jpeg
      71A40354-54B5-4135-A0BB-C9FB23458FD8.jpeg
      1.4 MB

Biff K

February 12, 2021
    Home Country
    Why on wwiTV do some channels (Denmark in particular) quit streaming after a few minutes? I encounter this problem very rarely otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom