WinTV HVR 950Q can't get it to work. (1 Viewer)

ThePlayer

Portal Member
February 25, 2008
I have been able to get the HVR-950Q to work by doing the following:

1.) End Task the WinTVTray application (not sure if this really needed)
2.) In MePo Configuration -> Codecs and Renderer -> TV Codecs
a.) Set MPEG-2 Video decoder to MainConcept (HCW) MPEG-2 Video Decoder
b.) Set MPEG/AC3 audio decoder to Hauppage MPEG Layer1/2 Audio Decoder

Hope this helps

postpre

August 13, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
b.) Set MPEG/AC3 audio decoder to Hauppage MPEG Layer1/2 Audio Decoder

I only see the options for Hauppauge WinTV MPEG2 Muxer, MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio Decoder, MainConcept (Hauppauge) Multiplexer. Which one do you think is best?

Also, just to clarify, you were able to get your WinTV-HVR 950Q to work with MediaPortal, right?

I'm having the same problem as the previous poster. MP is not recognizing any channels.

Brian

Bowenac

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
I don't have those options either, nothing hauppauge. I still can't get it to scan for channels still says install software encoder or something like that.

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The Hauppauge decoders would be from when you install the WinTV application... and mention of any encoder should apply only to the analog tuner-half.

ThePlayer

Portal Member
    February 25, 2008
    Also, just to clarify, you were able to get your WinTV-HVR 950Q to work with MediaPortal, right?

Correct. I am able to watch TV in MP with my WinTV-HVR-950Q

I started with a clean machine, downloaded the latest drivers and WinTV application (when you install WinTV i think it requires the original CD).

Also, in TV Server Configuration, i am unable to preview channels. i get sound but no video.

I only see the options for Hauppauge WinTV MPEG2 Muxer, MainConcept (Hauppauge) MPEG Audio Decoder, MainConcept (Hauppauge) Multiplexer. Which one do you think is best?

i only have the option that i stated above, so i am not sure which one would be the best

just to clarify, I am using the Analog/NTSC functionality of the tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom