Wireless Client (1 Viewer)

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Has anyone had any luck setting up wireless clients? I have tried it recently, but have had trouble watching live TV, it stutters or stops playback completely. I have not had any trouble watching movies from the server to the client. I'm not sure if the bottleneck is the wireless itself, or the CPU capabilities at the server. thoughts? Suggestions?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Jeep725

I'm not sure if the bottleneck is... the CPU capabilities at the server.
    It won't be the CPU on the server unless you're using MPExtended and transcoding.
    Were you watching or recording any other streams at the time?

mm

Jeep725

Portal Member
    September 28, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've tried watching live TV on my wireless client when the server was not doing anything else, and it works sporadically. It stutters, or I get a "lost connection with tv server" error message. It almost seems to work better with timeshifting or watching the recording of a program that is in process of recording.

I've noticed that Comskip will cause a problem for me if I try to watch even on my wired connection, it pulls all my resources, but that's another issue altogether.

I'm not sure how to diagnose where the problem is, I'm willing to upgrade hardware if it is possible to work wirelessly. Ideally I would like to add 2 wireless clients. But I can also plan on doing wired if that is the only way to work reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom