Wireless USB HUB TV card support..... (1 Viewer)

jgildert

September 3, 2010
Home Country
England England
Hi there guys, just a thought, and see if you could shed any light on this little problem.

Firstly I'll let you know a few things.
1.) I am computer literate, so throw jargon at me.
2.) Everything else in my setup WORKS already.
3.) The card works fine plugged in to the laptop.

Here's a brief explanation of what I want to do:
I want to be able to use the TV card function without having it plugged into my laptop, using a wireless USB HUB, without streaming using a computer.
Please don't suggest using a computer to stream the TV, as I know MediaPortal is designed to do this, but I would like to be able to do it this way.

Here's a diagram of what I am trying to do.

wirelesstv.jpg

As you can see, MediaPortal recognises the card, as does the laptop in Device Manager. Its just not getting any information during the scan.

If you need any files/dumps or any other questions, please ask away!

John G :D

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Do you have a regular non-wireless hub to try the USB tuner in?

Knowing how bad TV card drivers are, my first thought is that this will not work in any hub, yet along a wireless one.

I have a Pinnacle dual tuner PCIe card that installs just fine, but refuses to tune in 64bit systems. naturally you would assume that if the drivers install all should be well, well apparently not :)

jgildert

September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks for the idea. I'll give it a try in a USB hub on my laptop. I know how much trouble USB device can be, especially with drivers.

I'll report back. :)
    JG

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    Tested on other uptodate hardware, sata3 helped a lot. When client take info from serveew cpu is arround 50 % Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk
    Tested on other uptodate hardware, sata3 helped a lot. When client take info from serveew cpu is arround 50 % Envoyé de mon...
    Hi, I have been trialling MP2 since the release of 2.3 and I am having a big problem with it's usability. I have a server on a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
    What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
    So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
    After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
    Replies
    Views
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
    Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom