Wish list (1 Viewer)

Frontier

October 23, 2007
Hi there :)

Since we're getting closer and closer to Cristmas, here's a wish list from one newbie...(me) ;-)

Wish list
- auto aspect ratio (some channels change, between 4/3 and 16/9, 4-5 times within 10 minuttes).
(and maybe the ability to set permanent ratio for each channel, if needed - an override function?)
- DVB-T subtitles (in a point-and-click newbie installation, not a ton of installations and replacing system files).
- the ability to (also) record DVB-T subtitles, and then MAYBE muxing them into the MPEG stream later on, if
user decides to encode the recorded files?
- the ability to use bold letters in teletext (too skinny on a normal CRT TV)
- when adding an internet radio station, please don't start it every time one starts MediaPortal?
- built-in (batch) MP3-nonversion/freeDB conversion? Maybe using the built in Windows codec...
- the ability to edit/cut in recordings (scheduled recordings are never perfectly started/ended in any program).
- the ability to record recordings to DVD / SVCD...
- the ability to click next/previous (next/previous page) when watching teletext, rather than having to enter new page number.

- the ability to get out of teletext mode by just clicking teletext button again
- the ability to print out teletext pages (MCE remote controls have a print button).

Last...
- thanks for making this. I've been looking into quite a few HTPC programs, and Mediaportal simply outshines the rest! And the day DVB-T subtitles and just half of the list above has been implemented, is the day I start donating for real :)

Frontier

October 23, 2007
MCE remote controls have a print button
Eh? My Microsoft MCE Remote doesn't have a print button. Of course, something like that could be put in a context menu for those that don't have a dedicated button.
OK, my MCE remote is a HP MCE, sorry about 'dat. It does have a print button, but it doesn't have any action as such (that I have noticed anyway).:rolleyes:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    - the ability to edit/cut in recordings (scheduled recordings are never perfectly started/ended in any program).

This has been around for a while. Check out the plugins section of MP. From memory it's installed by default.
    Sorry, I don't use it much so I can't remember much about it, but it did work well.

- the ability to record recordings to DVD / SVCD...

there is a plug-in called MyBurner, which I also think is included by default. You need to configure it up by following the plug in instructions for it. Check it out in plug-ins in the MP Config app.

Hope this helps a bit. I don't know a lot about wither of these plugins, but they both worked well when I used them a while ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom