WMC OTA guide data switching to Rovi and how to get guide data and combining from different zipcodes (1 Viewer)

freakkilroy

May 26, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello Everyone,
I have been working on what I needed to do since the switch over Microsoft did from Zap2it to Rovi for my Guide data. I have been using for quite sometime MC2XML in Microsoft Legacy mode and I was able to get my surrounding TV stations without a problem. Once the Guide data dried up I switched back to the Zap2xml grabber and had to add a few new station to my lineup on my zap2it account and i was able to get guide data again BUT it was extremely vague for the show descriptions and other information. I decided to go ahead and donate to the wonderful people at MC2XML to get access to the donated version of MC2XML to get access to the windows 7 ROVI guide data. first thing I came across was they do not combine the OTA for my area so I had to do some digging and figuring out how to get what I need so i thought I would post my findings to help other people out there that may have the same problem.
First thing was I put in my zipcode for Warsaw and I only could get the listing for South Bend OTA stations. next I tried the Fort Wayne area zipcode and I was only able to get Ft Wayne OTA stations. SO I had to get a little creative.

So since I live between these cities and can receive their TV signals quite well I needed the guide data for both.
so here is what I did
i created a directory C:\MC2XML PAID\
in that Directory I coped in xmltv.dtd file needed to read the tvguide.xml and I made 2 more Directories
C:\MC2XML PAID\MC2XML FW\
C:\MC2XML PAID\MC2XML SB\
i placed a fresh copy of the mc2xml.exe file in each of the following directories
C:\MC2XML PAID\MC2XML FW\
C:\MC2XML PAID\MC2XML SB\
in the C:\MC2XML PAID\ directory I wrote the following batch file MC2XML.BAT
Code:
cd\mc2xml paid\mc2xml sb
mc2xml -c us -g 46580 -d 360 -o "c:\mc2xml paid\tvguidesb.xml"
cd\mc2xml paid\mc2xml fw
mc2xml -c us -g 46725 -d 360 -o "c:\mc2xml paid\tvguidefw.xml"

Once you run this batch file for the first time you will have to set the settings in the MC2XML dialog box for the initial setup. once these are both done you will not have to set the settings again.
Now once you had the 2 distinct tvguide##.xml files (the ## indicates the different file names) you will need to make a text file with notepad in the C:\MC2XML PAID\ directory
called "tvguide.lst"
put the following info in the file (the names of the files you created for each listing you need mine contained the following)
Code:
tvguidesb.xml
tvguidefw.xml

Now, once you have this done open the Mediaportal tv server configuration program.
go to the plugins > XMLTV tab (see photo)
upload_2015-8-16_18-44-33.png

Make sure you have the directory set to the new directory for the new guide data you just setup
unselect "import new tvguide.xml"
and select "import files in new tvguide.lst"
this makes Mediaportal use all the files you listed in the tvguide.lst for your channel mapping.
once you have that done click on the "Mappings" tab at the top (see Photo)
upload_2015-8-16_18-48-38.png

Click on the "load/refresh" button then using the "guide channel" pulldown select each channel you need mapped to your tuning channel. Once you are done click the save button.
then select the "General" tab again (see Photo)
upload_2015-8-16_18-51-50.png

Click on the Force Import "import" button. it will take a few minutes but your guide data will now be loaded into Mediaportal.

I hope This helps other people out there that ran into the same problem I did.

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-16_18-43-22.png
    upload_2015-8-16_18-43-22.png
    58.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom