WMP causing larger letterboxes (1 Viewer)

rpleasan

Portal Member
January 3, 2009
TV-Server Version: v1
MediaPortal Version: v1
MediaPortal Skin: Xface
Windows Version: XP sp3
CPU Type: AMD Dualcore
HDD: Multiple
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GPM-DS2H
Video Card: onboard ATI Radeon HD3200 graphics
Video Card Driver: Current CCC
Sound Card: Onboard ALC889A
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1600
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffshow
h.264 Video Codec: vlc
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Charter
HTPC Case: Midtower
Cooling: P/S
Power Supply: Standard
Remote: Hauppauge
TV: Samsung PN42A410 42" plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI end-to-end

I have ripped a few of my SD-DVDs (using DVDFab) to ISO. I am using windows media player after mounting with daemon tools lite and outputting to a 720p TV. My problem is that media player seems to stretching my video out causing the letterbox is larger than normal on both the top and bottom. I am wonder if this is because I am using fullscreen mode. Is there a specific codec I should be using? Any ideas guys?

Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to reply here.
Updated with the guide to install an Intel HDMI audio Device that can stream 192kHz/24bit. If you have any question, feel free to...
I switched to MePo 2 with the release of MePo 2.1.1, and in the last months I focused on learning the program and fine tuning it...
Replies
Views
Have you had a look at your LAV video configuration. it is found not in mediaportal but in windows programs. I was having playback problems and changed my hardware decoder. Fixed all my problems
Have you had a look at your LAV video configuration. it is found not in mediaportal but in windows programs. I was having playback...
I am new to Media Portal (looking for alternative to WMC). The short version of the issue is I have picture quality and sound sync...
Replies
Views
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Yes, better there.
Yes, better there.
NOTE: Original post edited to update on each issue. Hi all, This is my first post on here, having just come from a fairly well...
Replies
Views
Attention WMC skin users: a very minor optical bug got introduced that leads to some navigation buttons being permanently visible when playing TV. We will exchange the download version on SourceForge as soon as possible.
Attention WMC skin users: a very minor optical bug got introduced that leads to some navigation buttons being permanently visible...
The MP2 team is proud to present the release of MediaPortal 2.1.2 MediaPortal 2.1.2 is a full-blown media center software that...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom