Working plugins for miediaportal 1.4 (1 Viewer)

locka

Portal Member
February 26, 2008
Hi everyone

I've just rebuilt my HTPC box which had been neglected for a while. I Don't really use it for recording from the tv but more as easy way to start my mp3 jukebox and for run web pages for streaming plus playing DVD. On looking at 1.4 it seems like a lot of plug-ins have stop working for that version and have yet to be updated. I've seen a few work around for one of my plug-ins multishortcut and others that are stated as not working properly

Can anyone tell me which release will run most of the plug-ins ok ill then happily look at 1.4 when a lot more plug-ins catch up. Does 1.3 have similar issues with plug-ins?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There was a big compatability jump from MP1.3 -> MP1.4 requiring changes in a lot of plugins. The next version of MP (MP1.5) will not have a jump so anything that works with MP1.4 will work with MP1.5 as well (without any updates/changes)

Most popular plugins are working fine for MP1.4

OnebuttonMusic is a great plugin you should check out.

I seem to remember someone updating either shortcut'er or multishortcut plugin to work with MP1.4 so you should checkout both the plugin threads. All the core plugins listed in my signiture are working for MP1.4/MP1.5 The functionality of jumping to a plugin's window ID with a remote button press can also be achieved by manually editing the mceremote.xml remote mappings file

Last edited:

locka

Portal Member
    February 26, 2008
    Thanks for the reply was not aware of shortcut'er thats how long i've looked at HTPC as for multishortcut this is work around to use older version but that has folder path for media portal explicitly set and since mine was not in the same folder it does not work. I've tried a few others which all had issues installing. Ill take another look at see what I can get workig

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom