Working with a set-top box, etc. (1 Viewer)

gforster

September 29, 2008
OK, I am utterly frustrated. I have searched through the forums, but am lost as to many of the things people are saying. Here is my setup and situation:

Windows XP SP3
Hauppage PVR-150MCE
Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP 8x
P4 3.0 Processor
2 GB RAM

I have MediaPortal and the TV-server installed and running (that was a chore) on this, my main computer. When I plug the cable directly into the card, the picture quality is garbage and I cannot access Comcast's ON Demand service without having it hooked up through the set top box in the living room as well. So, it was suggested I get a second box. I did and have the cable going into the second box and then to the PVR-150MCE card. Picture quality is much improved and I am able to access On Demand.

Now, I have a few problems. I would like wither MP to control the channel changing on the box or the box to control the recording service of MP. How do I go about this? I see things referencing IR blasters, but on my card, there is no port for an IR anything. I don't want to have to get another piece of equipment if I don't have to.

Problem number next - I already have a subscription to Schedules Direct, and with the plugin in the Media Portal folder it tells me that it is updated, but when I go to the TV guide, it shoes two channels called "1"[ and ">~" No, I am not joking, that is what they are called. So, with a little bit of digging, I find those under the TV-Server configuration. Apparently, I scanned for channels and got these two. Probably its interpretation of what the set-top box was putting out. I have tried deleting them, but then I don't even get live TV. So, How do I get my schedules direct EPG working? I have noticed many posts that are similar with no answers.

Here is what it comes down to - I simply want to watch tv on my computer and schedule a few shows here and there to be recorded. Can't it be done?

Kyght Ryder

Portal Member
January 22, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am not sure if you figured how to change channels or not. There is a lot of reading involved to set up MP search is your best friend.

Basically you need to buy a USB IR blaster USB-UIRT Home

Then search fourms for IR Server Suite. Download all files. One of the update files you have to do a search on PC to find where to replace.

Then you have to install latesest TV server right now (RC1) and install SD plugin. Go to plugin with in TV server Config. (force update on next start up)

Your channels should be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom