WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Filo

Portal Member
March 24, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
First, I want to say Thanks for this great Plugin. I have a small problem with the language. I am from Germany, but the plugin is in Enlish language only for several weeks, don´t know since when exactly. It makes no difference when I set the preferences to "German" or "automatic". Is there any entry in worldWeather.xml or somewhwere else, I can set? How ca I switch to German language?

Filo

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Filo,
sorry, but you bring here, unfortunately, upset a few things.
... I have a small problem with the language. I am from Germany, but the plugin is in Enlish language only for several weeks...
Please check your language directory (normally c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\language) and check, if you have a directory for WorldWeather. If not, please reinstall the plugin, otherwise check if there is a file called strings_de.xml.

It makes no difference when I set the preferences to "German" or "automatic".
This setting can overwrite the default MediaPortal language setting and is used to control the return values from different weather providers (e.g. celsius/fahrenheit, mph/km/h). It cannot be used to control the display language.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread you can find a document, which contains approximately 200 different weather image locations for our world, different continents and countries (flat and animated).
This document was created on the basis of my known places, the feedback from different community members and our "slightly out of date" wiki pages. Please help me (and of course the whole plugin users) to expand and complete the list. To do this, please download the file and enter your information in another font color and send it back to me. After this, I'll try to consolidate the different feedback. The main goal is to have a revised list, which can be used for our wiki page later.

I hope for your feedback and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
I'm happy to announce that the next important milestone for the upcoming official version of WorldWeather could be reached today.
Attached at the first post of this thread you can find the newest nightly build, which fully supports the biggest german weather portal "wetter.com" now. This provider allows us to display high-quality forecasts, you can get up to 7 forecast days and as far as 24 hourly forecast reports.
To get the best results, I suggest to fill the configuration field "Postal Code" additionally before using this provider. Please be aware, that fully support for postal codes is limited to Germany, Austria and Switzerland currently.

Conclusively my big thanks goes to Shukuyen, who is the sponsor for this great service. Thank you for your fantastic support, Applause!

Happy testing and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micopolis,
    thanks for the new release. Works great! I especially like the integration of wetter.com, that's nice!
    Sadly worldweather won't work with Avalon but I'll give the skinners a hint....

Thanks again!
    Luca

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This provider allows us to display high-quality forecasts, you can get up to 7 forecast days and as far as 24 hourly forecast reports.

Are these changes already documented in the documentation.pdf?
    Thank you very much for your continuous work! This is really great! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom