WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just encountered that AccuWeather doesn´t work any longer from WW - the site is up and running, but WW reports a problem with downloading the weather data.
    Anyone else with this problem?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,
    Just encountered that AccuWeather doesn´t work any longer from WW - the site is up and running, but WW reports a problem with downloading the weather data.

I can confirm the issue and try to solve the problem in the next few days. For the moment, please use a different provider instead.

Cheers, Micropolis

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi catavolt,

I can confirm the issue and try to solve the problem in the next few days. For the moment, please use a different provider instead.

Cheers, Micropolis
    It works again - maybe a temporary failure on their server?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post of this thread please find the release candidate version v1.3.1 of WorldWeather.
    With this version you have the possibility to display history information per day, e.g. average and record temperatures for the last years. During the development cycle, it is noticed that last named is usually possible only for american cities. Due to this change, some new properties has been introduced, also minor adjustments to other forecast/history related properties (e.g. ForecastHourProvider, ForecastHourProviderImage, HistoryYearProvider, HistoryYearProviderImage) are required. Please see the included manual for more information.
    Additionally to these enhancements I've made a quick change to improve the access stability to AccuWeather.

Important information: In order to test this version, please configure the year and day history provider before starting the plugin. Otherwise this could be lead to unintential behaviors.

@Translators or other willing users: This version requires reworked translation files. Some language files (except german and english) could use an overhaul. Please support me here, thanks in advance.

@catavolt: Please check and/or enhance the included default/defaultwide skin files. This would be a great help, my time is currently quite limited.

@blair_haynes, @J-B-N: In case your are playing with local XML files, I recommend to use this version, because the correction for a minor mapping issue for barometric codes was required. Sorry for this.

EDIT 10/13/2013 03:40pm: Release candidate 2 posted.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

jamanga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi team

WW seems to be working again. I did a "reset gui" then re-selected WW and re-entered the key, pressed Save and all ok. However if I re-enter config then the provider does reset to foreca. But its working, so that's the main thing.

Thanks for your efforts and have a good weekend. ;)

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi can someone help me please?

I've tried several times to install WorldWeather 1.2.0 both manually and using the installer. Unfortunately after each attempt, when I select the plugin configuration in MediaPortal Configuration I get the error message: "An error occurred while loading the plugin WorldWeatherPlugin.WorldWeather. It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

I'm using MediaPortal 1.3.0.0 on Windows 7 HP.

Thanks

View attachment 125685

Hi all. Can someone please help me with the problem shown in my previous post? I've since upgraded MP to 1.4.0.0 and World Weather to 1.2.3 but I still get the exact same error. It's really frustrating as I don't know where to begin to look to solve.

Thanks

View attachment 130902

Same issue for me...I'm actually using MP1.5 and WW 1.3.0.

Any help is more than welcome! :)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have another problem. I dont know if this is a WW problem or an skin issue. For reproduce :: I wakeup Mepo or start it fresh, then i go to the WW Tab on Homescreen to see weather for the next days, i wait some seconds than the weather icons and infos are empty, i see them no more, i can go through the basichome and all overlays are gone two, when i click on an icon, for example tv, series movies or so, i see only the basichome background screen, and nothing works. I musst exit Mepo and start it again, than all works fine. When i go to WW Tab again, the same things happend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom