would plugin sub-sections by plugin name help? (1 Viewer)

arjay

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Coin, Spain
OK - here is a typical problem: I have my music plugin up and working. But I have 100 CDs that were previously copied using MCE (wma files) and various ripping software (mp3). Now I want to have them included in my MP list of CDs. I have tried updating the database etc but they won't show up in My Music.

OK - here's is a typical next step - I search all forums for My Music and a few other things. What do i get? 200 references to plugins that may or may not have info on My Music specifically. As others have posted before: there are many, many places, that we can get info on a plugin but the structure for finding it has grown like topsy. That is the price of success I guess and the enormous interest that MP is generating.

I just thought that it would help a great deal to have a sub-section under Plugins in the forum for all "established" plugins. Each would contain, as a minimum, stickies for: a link to the latest download, a post on howto install, and known problems. Most discussion on that plugin can then go on in one place.

Of course, there are times when a general question is posed like "can we get all plugins into the core program" etc. They would stay in the "General" section. But at least we could have one place to go to for info on a specific plugin. It would also help to see, at a glance, that nothing has been done about a specific plugin since 2003!

Of course, there will be general entries about a proposed NEW plugin. When moderators feel that there is enough interest in it to generate a specific side-heading, they can then move that content to a new sub-section.

Do others think this would help?

Regards to all and keep up the good work you developers. For me, the thing that keeps MP ahead is its plugins .....

RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom