Wouw, this is a great software. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

:D Guys, this is really great. I have been waiting for this reale long time. * Thanks :lol:

W

www_96KHz_tk

indeed very nice...

But not finished yet, so can't wait till all things/options are stable.

Hello all , Mediaportal newbee here. just wanna say that it's running ok here.(version 0.1.2.0) But very experienced in tweaking / coding/decoding etc. etc. etc.(blah blaah) ya know.(lin/win)

Anyway as you can see on my signature. MediaPortal is running fine on the Asus TV FM pci-tv card. (chipset is newest analog from Philips , the saa7135).

Before i used Intervideo HomeTheater2+WinDVR3. both also very fine, but very clumsy because it don't support frequencies, only channels.(and UPC analog cable tv here in A'dam ain't by the channel standards(-&+)...and so sometimes the experience that the -or+ channels sometimes go back to channel standard so no picture(snow/black).

So i'll first gonna use mediaportal to check all it's possibilities on my software rendered tv-card(looking for dolby pro logic), and maybe in da future a dvb card(Netherlands is a lot of steps behind in dvb broadcasting, then other european countries). Because of monopoly of cable companies.

Anyway the thing that's positive on mediaportal is it's good possibility of configuration(&tweaking)...

But i do mis one option that my saa7135 chipset(Asus TV FM) offers.
Dolby pro logic. In Intervideo Hometheater2 i'd originally the analog sound(stereo) by a wire from tv-card to cd-analog-in soundcard. but i'd also the option wavechannel, then the sound goes from pci direct to if well configured spdif input(to audigy2 chipset) and so i'd Dolby pro logic.

I'm going to find out the next days how to get dolby surround(but i do think that cmss/eax = fine upmixed from stereo), this because mediaportal has the configuration, but the sound is only transferred by analog out(to cd-audio-in on card)..(or is this not working because of those stupid expensive dolby licenses)... or i'm too fast and have to use mediaportal a bit more...LOL
http://www.asus.nl/products/vga/tvfm_7135/overview.htm
and a pdf file from Philips:
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/literature/9397/75010349.pdf
and afcourse...thanks to all the people who made mediaportal as what it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
Replies
Views
I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
Replies
Views
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 recording video DE
VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button. Doesn't always work though, my guess is it won't on protected vids but it is the only thing I have found other than the excellent download capability of Online Videos when available.
VLC has a browser add-on that allows you to start a video selected in your browser in VLC, you then can use its record button...
so really looking for an open source program that will record streams on the computer. not really found one that works well yet...
Replies
Views
Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom