WOW (1 Viewer)

midju

Portal Member
August 12, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi all. I have been using Mythtv/Linux for some years now. Turning back to MP again. WOW I'm so happy !
Nice work of all people !!
Best regard's
Mikael.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    Always great to hear from a satisfied "customer" :)

(Although I don't think you have chosen the best topic :D)

jacktheknife

Portal Member
    January 23, 2010
    Estherville, IA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have had a similar experience. After using MCE2005 for about 4 years, my media PC blew it's nvidia card. The only spare parts I could find were older AGP cards that didn't fit the newer slot and was forced to use the onboard video. For some reason unclear at the present, Media Center would run as normal with the onboard video but would not play video despite Media Player handling it just fine. It was at this point that I decided to hunt up MediaPortal, which I had tried back in it's infancy and at that time I was not impressed. How this program has changed-- I am glad my nvidia took a dive so I could discover that this free program has surpassed the professional one I have been using! After a few set up issues, mainly to do with my Phillips brand media center remote, I now have a better running, even more polished program than the microsoft one. And I love the feature that marks videos after they have been viewed-- for someone like myself who entire television series, often congruently, this is a life saver.

:D

(If anyone has a similar remote and can't get the windows (green) button to launch mediaportal, check out the program Intelliremote. I tried about six other programs before finding one that worked with all the green button on this remote).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    @CyberSimian Thank you very much. That has worked!!
    Do live TV subtitles work for TV in Australia? If so what are the settings? I am a 74 year old with hearing impairment and have...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I came to MP2 and I’m very happy with it ;)
    I had the same feeling about MP1, nothing was working out of the box, it was full of hardcoded dependencies and bugs. That’s how I...
    I've had Media Portal 1 installed on a dedicated desktop computer for at least 10 years now. Sometimes it's a little sluggish, but...
    Replies
    Views
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the...
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in...
    I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is. Ran...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom