Wow! (1 Viewer)

kensiko

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hello all,

I have been using GBPVR for a few years now, just when I bought my Hauppage PVR-USB2. I must say I like this card very much compared to my old ATI TV Wonder PCI. But the remote is not working well, too bad.

I used GBPVR mainly for the streaming feature. But since Windows Vista and Windows 7, the software didn't work well at all. The guy from GBPVR told me he didn't want to try to improve its software in streaming mode.

I ended up buying new router, new wireless cards, but there was always this "laggy" behavior. Also, if GBPVR is started without connection, it just crashes, pretty stupid.

2 days ago, I decided to try to find another TV software with streaming feature. I found your software on wikipedia. I give it a try. GBPVR was not that easy to configure, but yours, wow !!! I just selected my hauppage card and told it where I was, it scanned the channels and was working! (except for EPG, but that was pretty easy since I already had xmltv for GBPVR).

For the client installation, it was, well, too simple for me hehe ! I installed the client software, put the name of the server in configuration and voilà ! TV is on !

So, WOWW :) And this is all for free, thanks a lot guys !!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Thanks for the positive feedback.
    Enjoy!

simon169

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2005
    Hi

Welcome to mediaportal :D

A note on your EPG not picking up you may need to check that you have selected a language for the EPG to pickup using otherwise no data is downloaded.

Simon

PS. note to the team maybe set default to english and then people can correct if another language is required, at least EPG will work by default then, had me puzzled for a while the first time.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It's OK for the EPG, it works just fine with xmltv.

What is still not working fine, that didn't work well since I've bought the PVRUSB2 with any software, is the remote. Sometimes, I press a button, it execute the last button I pressed. I never understood that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom