Wrong backdrops remakes (1 Viewer)

ejvdh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2010
    Home Country
    When a remake of a movie has exactly the same title as the original, you can choose the correct movie (by year) in the movie importer and the textual info for the correct movie will be imported. However for the backdrops and covers no distinction seems to be made between the remake and the original movie: backdrop and/or cover for the remake can be shown for the original movie and vice versa.

Examples:
    Assault on precinct 13: 1976/2005 versions
    The Hitcher: 1986/2007 versions

Is there anything in the settings than can be changed to correct this behaviour?

Using Moving Pictures 1.0 RC2 with MP 1.1 RC1

Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    When a remake of a movie has exactly the same title as the original, you can choose the correct movie (by year) in the movie importer and the textual info for the correct movie will be imported. However for the backdrops and covers no distinction seems to be made between the remake and the original movie: backdrop and/or cover for the remake can be shown for the original movie and vice versa.

Examples:
    Assault on precinct 13: 1976/2005 versions
    The Hitcher: 1986/2007 versions

Is there anything in the settings than can be changed to correct this behaviour?

Using Moving Pictures 1.0 RC2 with MP 1.1 RC1

Thanks.

It works fine for me on those 4 examples. But without log files detailing why it goes wrong for you, can't offer much help, aside from the fact that most likely your cover and backdrop priority list order is different then mine.

Street28

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Mine does the same with films that have the same name.. I have two films named the same but with different years and it uses the same images for each film.

Can you change the backdrop priority for each film then? Might give that a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom