Wrong codec used for video playback (1 Viewer)

WouterW

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.1.0
Windows Version: XP MCE 2005
CPU Type: Athlon X2 3800+
HDD: 320 GB
Memory: 512MB
Motherboard: Asus M2V
Motherboard Chipset: VIA
Motherboard Bios: Latest
Video Card: Geforce 7600 GT
Video Card Driver: Latest
Sound Card: Onboard
Sound Card AC3: Onboard
Sound Card Driver: Latest
MPEG2 Video Codec: Nvidia Purevideo
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Nvidia

Hello,

I am setting up MP on a media center PC I bought a few days ago.
One of the main purposes of this PC is to be able to play HD content.
I bought a geforce 7600 GT videocard specifically for this goal, because it can do hardware inverse telecine on 1080i material. It uses the nvidia purevideo codec to do so.

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get MP to play these files with the purevideo decoder. I set video and audio codecs to "Nvidia decoder" in the MP setup (both in DVD and Movie Player settings) While it works fine for DVD's, the codec is not used when playing .TS mpeg2 files with MP. The MPV codec is used instead.
When I play the .TS file in windows media player; the purevideo codec IS used.

How can I force MP to use the codec I want it to use?

pannivas

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Nicosia
Home Country
Cyprus Cyprus
i had the same problem and since i couldnt find any solution or support answer i made a fresh install of Win MCE and MP and all the codecs i needed.

But before doing so i installed RadLight Filter manager and set the PureVideo codec merit to the highest and still no luck. I checked my 1080i HD material with GraphEdit what codecs is going to use and it showed me PureVideo but still MP refused to use PureVideo.

And now after the fresh install a new problem of the same issue arrised to me again. I have a problem with an h264 HD movie which instead of using CoreAVC to decoded it as graphedit shows me as MCE and WMP does, MP is using PureVideo.

You might also try and unregister MPV decoder with RadLight Filtermanager. Then open you .ts file in graphedit and see which codec is now using. If another codec other than PureVideo is been used then put your purevideo merit up if that dosent help unregister the MPEG2 decoder that is been shown under graphedit. That helped me with my Vista test pc.

Anyway i really dont understand how this works or how it can happen but hopefully a portal developer will give some answers how we can fix this. Maybe the fix is not within MP or maybe it is i just dont know that.

But a possible solution answer would be great.

P.S.
I wish there was a way to set the codecs you wish to use with certain encoding formats from the MP Setup. And i wish we could force codecs in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom