Wrong indication of available channels

Discussion in 'pre 1.0 RC1' started by rene.z, March 22, 2007.

1. rene.z

rene.z Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    In my multiseat environment with two DVB-S cards on the server when switching channels on the client under certain conditions the indication of available channels in not correct.

I will eleborate on the problem:

The available channels are assigned to my two DVB-S cards as follows:

Card1: all (unscrambled) channels + scrambeld channels (ORF1 & 2)
    Card2: all (unscrambled) channels

Let's consider the following situation:

Card 1 is recording ORF1
    Card 2 is timeshifting Sat1

If I try to switch channels MP indicates the following availabilities:

ORF1 correct since Card1 is recording this channel
    ORF2 correct since ORF2 is on the same transponder as ORF1 --> Card1
    Sat1 correct since Card2 timeshifting this channel
    Pro7 correct since Pro7 is on the same transponder as Sat1 --> Card2
    VOX correct since VOX is on the same transponder as Sat1 --> Card2

all other channels are shown as not available --> which is NOT CORRECT since Card2 is not blocked (it is not recording but only timeshifting!!)

This status would be correct as soon as Card2 starts recording as well; then only the channels on the same transponder as the ones the two cards are locked to would be available.

Since I can however switch to any other channel (also the ones that are marked as not available) this looks to me like a minor issue with the logic responsible for indicating the status.

If any logs are necessary I can provide them tomorrow earliest.

Just a personal note: TVE3/MP (especially the multiseat setup) is by far the best mediacenter available, thank you again!!! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!