Wrong Movie titles (1 Viewer)

Knightstalke

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Moving Pictures just list all movies (103) as a short film called "Media". after clean install of MP and MovPict. Folder name for movies is "DVD`s" harddrive name is "Media" any one had this?
Vista Ultimate

Knightstalke

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
the dvd folder is called "DVD`S on the hard drive called "MEDIA" so the path is media/dvd`s. is that wht you mean?

Fjollboll

Portal Member
May 27, 2010
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Yeah, don't use multiple folders, just point so that your "media source" is the folder where your movies are in, in this case the one called "DVD".

Knightstalke

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
OK , now im confused. I have used "Moving Pictures" for at least a year, and nothing hardware wise has changed. I uninstalled the svn i was running, and clean installed 11 rc 3 plus StreamedMP skin, with the latest Moving Pictures, and tv series. i set them up exactly the same as always, and until now have never had a problem with them searching and getting the right titles etc. it seems that the movie importer thinks that every movie is called "MEDIA" wich i understand is a french short film, animated. I can only conclude that the movie importer is getting some reference wrong, and choosing the harddrive name as the titles. if i manually select the movie and search manually the search baox has the word "MEDIA" already in it. I then delete this and type the right title which it then finds no trouble. so i think there i a bug or summit, maybe i can change somthing??:confused:

nlucier

Portal Member
June 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
EDIT: Found a solution, or really a workaround since this isn't correct behavior in my opinion, but following what the person did in this post link, removing Prefer folder name and Check NFO checkmarks allowed the import to proceed correctly.

ORIGINAL:
I am getting this same thing except the movie name it's currently choosing for me for over 200 files is "A.R.O.G (2008)". A few minutes ago it was another movie name when attempting to populate the database.

Mediaportal 1.1.0 RC4
Moving Pictures 1.0.4 RC

Both freshly installed tonight. Before this install I was running MediaPortal 1.1.0 Beta and Moving Pictures 1.0.1 RC and it was working fine with the exact same folders being pointed at. All files are named exactly what the title is on themoviedgb.org including year in parens which had 100% detect rate.

All of my files are right in the G:\Media G\DVDs folder, no subfolders. Below picture shows exactly what I'm seeing when attempting to import.

mp.png

Knightstalke

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Thanks guys, i will try it, but yes it is exactly what im getting, will post back the result.

Users who are viewing this thread