[confirm] Wrong priority on recording with two tv cards? (1 Viewer)

pascal910

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Germany - NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got a setup with two, one DVB-S and one DVB-C tv-cards
    - Hauppauge DVB-S Card configured as primary card with highest priority (ID 4)
    - TechiSat DVB-C Card configured as lower priority Card (ID 5)
    1.png

2.png

Before selecting any channel, EPG grabber does it's job on free high priority card 4
    3.png

Now I select the Channel "Das Erste HD" in client. EPG stopps and channel is streaming on the same "priority high card" the epg has been working (good so far).
    4.png

tvserver_tv.log
    5.png

Now stopping Live TV. Timeshifting starts again after (still good)
    3.png

Now starting a record to same channel I watched before ("Das Erste HD"). I Expect MP to record on high priority card 4 (free, only EPG is running but EPG priority is lower than schedule priority - See User Priorities Settings above).
    EPG stopps, but unfortunately MP always wants to record on Card 5 (lower priority card):

6.png

7.png

Seems to me not to be the wanted behaviour, or did I overlook something?

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now starting a record to same channel I watched before ("Das Erste HD"). I Expect MP to record on high priority card 4 (free, only EPG is running but EPG priority is lower than schedule priority - See User Priorities Settings above).
    EPG stopps, but unfortunately MP always wants to record on Card 5 (lower priority card):
    Recordings always work the other way around from live TV. So live TV always goes for highest priority card where as recording will go for lowest (the page you link to is about user priorities where more than one user is sharing the same card)

pascal910

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Germany - NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recordings always work the other way around from live TV. So live TV always goes for highest priority card where as recording will go for lowest (the page you link to is about user priorities where more than one user is sharing the same card)

Hi Jameson_uk,
    thanks for your fast reply. I didn't know that fact. Is there a way to change that behaviour? My second card (DVB-C) has less HD channels and I thought I could combine the HD channels on my "master-card" with the SD channels of my "slave-card" so that I "fall back" to SD, when MP is recording.
    Otherwise I would have to add the SD-Channels from Card 2 as seperate Channels in my List and manually decide from what source I want to record.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Priority
    Use the up and down buttons to change the priority settings for your tuners.
    TV Server uses a priority system to decide which tuner to use for timeshifting and recording. The tuner with the highest priority that is not in use on a different transponder or multiplex will be tried first. If the first tuner fails to tune the channel for any reason then TV Server will automatically try each other tuner that is also available and capable of tuning the channel in order of descending priority. The tuner with priority 1 is the tuner with the lowest priority; it will be the last tuner that TV Server will try to use.
    @jameson_uk Looks like the Wiki needs an update on this then. I'll fix that ;)

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    This is completely false. I think you're getting confused - what you say is the default setting for 4 The Record, not MediaPortal's TV Server.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    This is completely false. I think you're getting confused - what you say is the default setting for 4 The Record, not MediaPortal's TV Server.
    Yes ignore me:oops: I have just confirmed.

It did used to work like this as I had an issue previously when I combined DVB-T and DVB-S channels as I wanted the DVB-T as a backup but I got live TV on the DVB-T and recordings on the DVB-S :confused: off to search out some old stuff. As you were :whistle:

pascal910

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Germany - NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes ignore me:oops: I have just confirmed.

It did used to work like this as I had an issue previously when I combined DVB-T and DVB-S channels as I wanted the DVB-T as a backup but I got live TV on the DVB-T and recordings on the DVB-S :confused: off to search out some old stuff. As you were :whistle:
    Does that mean that this is really an issue and the behaviour should actually be that one I expected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom