Wrong programme title in list of recorded TV (1 Viewer)

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
January 9, 2020
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
The TV guide correctly showed the programme title as "Vera", both the .ts and .xml file names are "Vera" and the TITLE value in the XML file is "Vera". The 2022-05 screenshot (attached) shows the recorded TV list as the programme was being recorded (wrong title and description) and the 2022-06 shows it after the end of recording (still the wrong title but correct description). Since then there has been a further two episodes of Vera (with the same recorded TV programme name) but these are not shown on the list of recorded TV although the .ts and .XML files are shown in Windows Explorer. The .XML file from the latest is attached. Why has this happened?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-12 200412.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-12 200412.png
    989.5 KB
  • Screenshot 2022-06-02 222122.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-02 222122.png
    692.2 KB
  • Vera - 2022-06-05_1.xml
    1.4 KB

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My guess is that the wrong name comes from Movie grabber, not the series grabber.

Did you configure different recording folders for single and series recordings? By this, they will be automatically added as "Movies" (single recs.) and "Series" (repeated recs.) media source. This also prevents Movie grabbers from being run on Series.

To setup the folder accordingly you need to modify the file name pattern for movie / series type (see Server Setup and Custom paths for description).

I.e. you select "custom pattern" and add "Movies\" in front of folder pattern, and respective "Series\".

TVWatcher

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2020
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So why does the .XML file have the correct programme title and both the .XML and .ts files have the programme title as the file name as expected. And why doesn't the list of recorded TV use the programme title from the .XML file?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

These are unsubstituted skin variables, although the names shown are incomplete; the full names are: #TV.TuningDetails.SignalLevel #TV.TuningDetails.SignalQuality #Play.Current.TSBitRate The values are provided by the TV Server, so if Argus TV is not making these values available to the MP client, the skin variables will not be...
    These are unsubstituted skin variables, although the names shown are incomplete; the full names are: #TV.TuningDetails.SignalLevel...
    Playing recorded TV files does not show any media info data: Playing the same file back using the video player shows the media...
    Replies
    Views
    Looking good for me too, well done. A couple of questions though which could be down to my unfamiliarity with MP2, firstly is there a simple way to stop a recording that is in progress and secondly delete a recording? The sub menu does not offer either option, see screenshot. In MP1 I both stopping the recording and deleting a...
    Looking good for me too, well done. A couple of questions though which could be down to my unfamiliarity with MP2, firstly is there...
    The current TV engine (TVE3) for Media Portal 1 and 2 was developed long time before and is not state of the art any more...
    Replies
    Views
    Good to see it’s not a bug, but hardware problem. I set the thread to “no bug”
    Good to see it’s not a bug, but hardware problem. I set the thread to “no bug”
    Description: Although all scheduled recordings use the same recording settings (5 minutes before and after a show), two of the...
    Replies
    Views
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    This is not possible if it is a self made series, like personal travel videos etc.
    Hi! I have videos that I want to show in TV-Series, such as personal TV series and educational series. As some examples I have...
    Replies
    Views
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that development was in DataFlex I doubt that it's relevant to MP development.
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that...
    The setting up of scheduled recordings seems to be the weakest part of MP2 - in fact I'd go as far as to say one aspect of it is a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom