Wrong Series Identified (1 Viewer)

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
85
11
65
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, first of all let me say this plugin is awsome and on the whole does exactly what I expected and is one of the features that sets MP apart from the rest.

My problem (I did search the forum but could find an answer) is only with 2 series.

Firstly Doctor Who. It correctly identifies season 1 (2005) and its episodes but for seasons 2 - 4 these have been identified as the original series from the 1960's. I have tried deleting it from the details tab and rescanning but it puts it back in as the original series.

I have the same issue with new Knight Rider series being identified as the original.

Is there anyway of manually changing the Series ID's or another way of getting the right info in the DB?

Any help is greatly appreciated so I can have this plugin working perfectly.

Mick
 

pgjensen

Portal Pro
May 1, 2008
186
7
it must be your naming. set tvseries to NOT automatically match series names, delete the series and re-run it. then check to make sure it is trying to add the correct show and not the old one
 

mickb

Portal Pro
June 8, 2005
85
11
65
Travelling Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi, yes it ended up being the naming convention. I usually change the naming of each episode to only have the series name episode number (eg 202) and the episode title. Therefore TheTVDB was unable to determine which series I had. Thanks for the help.
 

Scarpad

Portal Member
October 9, 2006
14
0
60
For Doctor who you have to make (2005) be part of the name and it will Identify properly.

Like:

Doctor Who (2005) S01E01 - Rose.avi

If you don't put in the (2005) it will Identify as the original series and rightly it should.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom