Wrong Skin File? (1 Viewer)

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
April 19, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I get the same problem from time to time. I checked that I haven't ticked an empty watch folder or anything like that. I can always get around the error by going to my videos and then choosing to jump to TV Series from there. Other times I just try to select TV Series again from the home screen and it works.

milnet01_ant

September 13, 2012
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I have installed MediaPortal 1.3 Beta. When I use the Titan skin and try and access MPTV Series I get an error "Missing or wrong skin file". When I use the default wide and skin, it works fine. I checked the Titan skin folder and there are no TV Series skin files.

The other problem I have is that Moving Pictures doesn't show in the menu with either skin. If I use the default wide skin and select root menu then I can access Moving Pictures but the Titan skin doesn't have a root menu option.[DOUBLEPOST=1357240097][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, problem solved, should have done this in the first place, I downloaded the Titan Extended skin from the website and it sorted MPTV Series out. Still have the problem with Moving Pictures though.

nickotronnz

June 9, 2022
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi. I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but maybe someone can help. I'm a long time MP users, but keen to use MP-TVSeries now and getting the same error mentioned here: “Missing or invalid file:” in the background and error box “Wrong skin file” at skin start up.
Tried re-installing and ensuring Titan selected at install time. It is. My version is 4.3.6.0.
I have a single episode on my DB

My MP Log Error File shows
[2022-06-09 19:27:37,298] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin Could not load type 'SetGuiProperties' from assembly 'Common.GUIPlugins, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. MP-TVSeries at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler..ctor()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.Init() in C:\Development\mptvseries\MP-TVSeries\TVSeriesPlugin.cs:line 428
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
[2022-06-09 19:28:05,441] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.OnPageDestroy(Int32 new_windowId) in C:\Development\mptvseries\MP-TVSeries\TVSeriesPlugin.cs:line 728
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
[2022-06-09 19:30:48,771] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.OnPageDestroy(Int32 new_windowId) in C:\Development\mptvseries\MP-TVSeries\TVSeriesPlugin.cs:line 728

Someone said to check that the paths are correct in the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml (in your skin directory).
It looks like I have most of the paths referenced in comments at the top but can’t see the relative path Thumbs\Media. Could this be the problem.
Others look logical. I can see the imgs and text for the one episode I have loaded for example.

I have tried changing skins and deleting the Skin cache. I have tried changing from Titan Extended to Skin Default.
For the record I am using MovingPictures without an issue.
Now run out of ideas. Any suggestion please?

nickotronnz

June 9, 2022
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi. I know this thread is getting long in the tooth, but maybe someone can help. I'm a long time MP users, but keen to use MP-TVSeries now and getting the same error mentioned here: “Missing or invalid file:” in the background and error box “Wrong skin file” at skin start up.
Tried re-installing and ensuring Titan selected at install time. It is. My version is 4.3.6.0.
I have a single episode on my DB.

My MP Log Error File shows
[2022-06-09 19:27:37,298] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Error initializing window:WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin Could not load type 'SetGuiProperties' from assembly 'Common.GUIPlugins, Version=1.9.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. MP-TVSeries at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.VideoHandler..ctor()
at WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.TVSeriesPlugin.Init() in C:\Development\mptvseries\MP-TVSeries\TVSeriesPlugin.cs:line 428
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.LoadWindowPlugin(String strFile)
[2022-06-09 19:28:05,441] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[2022-06-09 19:30:48,771] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Someone said to check that the paths are correct in the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml (in your skin directory).
It looks like I have most of the paths referenced in comments at the top but can’t see the relative path Thumbs\Media. Could this be the problem?
Others look logical. I can see the imgs and text for the one episode I have loaded for example.

I have tried changing skins and deleting the Skin cache. I have tried changing from Titan Extended to Skin Default.
For the record I am using MovingPictures plugin without an issue.
Now run out of ideas. Any suggestion please?

Users who are viewing this thread