X-Factor Test Release (R570) - Update 2010-03-10!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

THIS IS A TEST VERSION ONLY AND NOT FOR PRODUCTION SYSTEMS!!!

This thread is for testing the new R570 version of the x-factor skin. If you have a spare system at home (not your production HTPC) and would like to help testing the new version and help me getting rid of the last few bugs then please download this test version and use this thread to provide feedback.

Important About this version
    * Only support for Moving Pictures 1.0 (Support for 0.7.5 will be included in full release but is not part of this test release)
    * TVSeries v2.5.1

Links
    Download Test Version R570
    Download Fonts (if not already done).
    Menu Editor Guide

Some news on the new version
    • Yet another basichome layout is included (I will not reveal the design just yet, you will have to wait and see)
    • The settings screens have been completely rewritten including the x-factor skin configuration (that now uses tabs)
    • RadioTime has been redesigned (now uses fanart if available and looks like the music playlist and now playing screens for a more one design kind of concept)
    • Menu Editor now uses browse buttons instead of "the dailog automatic popup on field click"
    • Alot of unused graphics have been removed and the one left are optimized to make the skin faster
    • Small adjustments to TVSeries and Moving Pictures
    • All dialogs have been redesigned
    • Dialogs and menus now operate much faster
    • Overall speed improvements in the skin (incl Moving Pictures)
    • I have worked on quite a few of the existing graphics to improve the look of the skin (including list backgrounds)
    • Some bug fixes for things I have discovered so far
    • New OSD - Settings design
    • New splashscreen
    • and more....

Best Regards
    cul8er

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

hello cul8er

the new version i have used yesterday and this new Version are very fast and looks very nice.
    I find the old golden Overlays in your menus are looks better than this black rounded Overlays. Why you have changed this?

I have overlapping in my MiniEPG but i have screenshots @ home, i will postet this today in the evening.
    And RadioTime is not supportet for the new Version?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: X-Factor Test Release (R567)

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. The new black rounded overlays is something I have considered for a while and wanted to include in this version. If more people like the old golden better I will include both and make a choice in the skin configuration so that you can choose;)

Please provide the miniEPG overlapping screenshot so that I can fix it.

What do you mean by
    And RadioTime is not supportet for the new Version?

I use it and it looks like the music playlist (or should). Do you mean they do not work or are not included?

best regards
    cul8er

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Hi cul8er

I updated from SVN so my test results do not include the installer.
    The UP-arrow issue in thumbs is resolved. Great news for me :D
    The double remote arrow to expand OSD is resolved. Even greater news for me :D

The Settings screen works very very nice now.
    One remaining inconsistency I picked up: When scrolling through the XFactor Menu Layouts, the selected entry text is white. But for the two Xfactor menu layouts, the text is red when selected. When speaking about "selected" I do not mean "Activated", just selected with the scroll bar.

I know you warned against it, but it's on my production system and I will be on the lookout for other problems.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

One more thing I picked up:
    I am using ForTheRecord for TV
    Go to TVGuide screen.
    To the left of the channel list is a vertical button for the channel group.
    When navigating to this button, there is no indication that it is selected.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

so i am home and you can see my screns.:D

the 1. screen is with the overlapping .
    the 2. screen you can see at the ride side the very very small recording icon!!! Please make this bigger!!!

And in the Programm Info Page on the 3. screen is the same but the Channel Logo overlapped this Recording Icon.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
      Unbenannt.jpg
      440.8 KB
    • Unbenannt1.jpg
      Unbenannt1.jpg
      372.8 KB
    • Unbenannt2.jpg
      Unbenannt2.jpg
      458.8 KB

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

the next things are the Radio Page are very strange and i think that's not what you really wanted or?

The 2. screen is my Radio Time Plugin and the same, please give it to fit your style of your Music Page?:D

thanks cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi cul8er,

I've done some initial testing and it's looking very nice. First thing I did was fire it up with the default menu, and tried the new Basic Home layout.
    It looks very nice, although being a very hardcore MePo user, I think it suffers from too long animation, but all similar skins (using that kind of vertical menu) has that effect. I would prefer to have the sub-entries below the headers, just in the main XFactor menus. The Aeon style Basic Home neither come with sub-entries, so I've avoided it as well. I collapsed this as I'm rambling.

I then setup my Basic Home with my saved settings and left the menu style choice to the default, (Images) generated and saved. I noticed when I entered MediaPortal again that the new style was no longer in effect after my generation of a new one, so I went to the XFactor settings plugin where I did notice that the new style was selected. So:

The Menu Configuration overrides the setting of the GUI plugin, but the GUI plugin still displays any setting it has been set to before a new Menu has been generated. Not a very bad bug, but something I thought worth mentioning. :D

Emph

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Hi Community
    Is it posible to change the 4tR - TV home layout to the very good basic (standard) x-factor TV home - style?

best wishes from switzerland
    bribbon

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i have forgott in my last post the 2 screens:)

In Movie pictures with German Translation i can see a overlay on the Button.

I'd have another 2 points in TV EPG

Can youchange the Colour from playing now Live TV show little bit darker or in another colour, which can otherwise be seen the different very bad.

And the Seperator Line is in the TV Logo,can you put something down the line?:D

greetz from Germany:D

Attachments

• Unbenannt3.jpg
      Unbenannt3.jpg
      294.7 KB
    • Unbenannt4.jpg
      Unbenannt4.jpg
      257.2 KB
    • Unbenannt5.jpg
      Unbenannt5.jpg
      441.8 KB
    • Unbenannt6.jpg