X264 playback problem: accelerates to resync (1 Viewer)

Mr Faboolous

Portal Member
August 12, 2009
Toulouse
Home Country
France France
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: BleazleWide V7.1.0
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Pentium D 3000
HDD: Samsung 1To SATA
Memory: 2Go DDR2 Dual
Motherboard: asrock conroe xfire
Video Card: GeForce 8400GS 512Mo
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Terratec Aureon PCI 7.1
Sound Card AC3: Optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 1100
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Advance HTPC 2706
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech 555
TV: LG 47LH4000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

I've been reading all subjects for three weeks now, trying and configure mediaportal to get a good image on x264 mkv files (1080)

I encounter the same problem in all the players I tried.

So my configuration:

haali media splitter to separate audio/video streams/subs preload
coreAVC, hardware acceleration enabled and working, x264 is decoded by my GeForce 8400. The processor runs at 8% charge while playing a file.
ffdshow enabled for AC3 audio, to the amplifier through the optical spdif
HDMI output on the LCD screen full HD.

So the image looks clear, the sound is synchronised... BUT every 5-10 seconds, the film seems to accelerate to resync.

I've tried to many combinations with the codecs that I really turn mad.

I don't know if that problem comes from the hardware (is it powerful enough??), or the system, or anything else.

If someone has a suggestion or some help to give, it will be welcome.

Thank you

Dodgy Bob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I encounter the same problem in all the players I tried.

I'm interested in this myself. I know you stated the above but can I ask you to confirm that you tried PowerDVD 8 codecs?

This is what I have and I had a similar problem.

dlthorpe

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2009
    Not sure if its the same thing but i find that when i start a movie and watch it all the way through, the audio sync is good.

but if i ever try to pause or skip "sometimes" the movie im watching gets out of sync. To correct it i can either just do a quick pause / unpause and its ok. Or sometimes i have to stop the movie and restart it but resuming from where i left off - which then re-synchs the audio.

Could this be related any ideas?

Dutchie388

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 2, 2009
    Home Country
    i thought i was the only one pulling my hair out over this one, you've described my same problem.

I too tried various players, codecs and configurations, and always ended up with those constant annoying video skips, like it drops a few video frames regularly for no valid reason.

mplayer is the only player that plays my mkv h264 videos flawlessly always, wheter from within windows or mediaportal.
    I dont know yet why, maybe it's an inbuilt setting that other players don't default to, but so far its the only player that works on my media pc.

With the testing i've done i dont think this is normal though, and suspect it's probably something to do with the cheap shit chipset and drivers.

I paid for coreavc, it still skips wheter i use it or use ffdshow in any player, unless i use mplayer on that pc - and unfortunatly i've not found an mplayer release which utilises coreavc properly.

Hope that info works for you. mplayer was a fix, but not really a solution or explanation as such.

(i've been happy to use it though, as mediaportal has a plugin to integrate it as an internal player)

Mr Faboolous

Portal Member
    August 12, 2009
    Toulouse
    Home Country
    France France
    i thought i was the only one pulling my hair out over this one, you've described my same problem.

I too tried various players, codecs and configurations, and always ended up with those constant annoying video skips, like it drops a few video frames regularly for no valid reason.

mplayer is the only player that plays my mkv h264 videos flawlessly always, wheter from within windows or mediaportal.
    I dont know yet why, maybe it's an inbuilt setting that other players don't default to, but so far its the only player that works on my media pc.

With the testing i've done i dont think this is normal though, and suspect it's probably something to do with the cheap shit chipset and drivers.

I paid for coreavc, it still skips wheter i use it or use ffdshow in any player, unless i use mplayer on that pc - and unfortunatly i've not found an mplayer release which utilises coreavc properly.

Hope that info works for you. mplayer was a fix, but not really a solution or explanation as such.

(i've been happy to use it though, as mediaportal has a plugin to integrate it as an internal player)

Hi Dutchie,

Thank you for that trick. I think I'll try it during the weekend. I guess I'll have to spend a bit more time on it!

By the way, which on is the plugin you use to integrate that player into mediaportal?

onderduiker

Portal Member
    September 28, 2007
    I have the same thing here, so I am curious if you get the solution for MP.
    Everything is playing fine here 720p, DD5.1 and DTS with spdiff pass through to my reciever. But 1080 is stuttering.
    With Mediaplayer classic and VLC player the same thing. My system and graphic card is fast enough so that is not the problem.
    The only way I can play a 1080 HD movie is with the latest powerdvd. Then everything is going very well.
    I configured everything with SAF

S_Behn

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It often (i had it now a couple of times) its related to the specific MKV file, its maybe not muxed properly or the audio streams are strange. I just experienced it. Do you all have this disregarding of the file?

Cheers,
    SBehn

onderduiker

Portal Member
    September 28, 2007
    I tried an m2ts file. But like I said powerdvd is playing it with no problem. And so far it is the only one.

A closer look to the problem:

When I play the m2ts file (first file from the BR disk Earth located on my hd) it starts ok and after a 40 seconds when the waterfall comes it begins to stutter and then the flying birds are on the screen it stutters and along the birds get more and more the stuttering is more and more and my dolbydigit led on my reciever starts to flikker and als the sound starts to stutter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom