x700 (acer ferrari 4000) tvout not working (1 Viewer)

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
I have acer ferrari 4000 laptop with x700 mobility radeon and svideo output
i have connected tv to it (laptop svideo port > svideo to cinch > cinch to scart > scart tv port), but when i look to ati control center ( 6.4 ) i see that it thinks that i have tv disconnected ):

Anyone know how to fix it?

Btw cables is ok for sure becaus i use them (except svideo to cinch, but i tried two svideo to cinch reductions) to connect my hardawer dvd burner/player to tv

There is no 'force tv detection' option in CC 6.4 for mobility radeon like in normal CCC for normal radeons ): or at last i did not found it ....
EDIT2: omega did NOT help ):

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Output of Graphic Cards are not always direct S-Video compatible and you need a little adapter between the connector and the S-Video cable.

Another problem could be (I already encoutered that on a high-end Dell Laptop with integrated Ati solution), installing the latest ATI Drivers totally crashed the TV-Out (we had a signal for ~1/10 sec and then nothing) , installing the Omega Drivers did the trick.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
I installed standard moded drivers, forced tv detection and when i change k-pal and d-pal tv reacts ('scart' icon moves a little up and down) but still don't receive any image ):

i connected it to my sony dvd player/burner to line 2 in (only svideo > cinch [this time cable from my hifi so nothing specialy made for video] > sony) and it still don't work ):

EDIT:
I will try omega drivers but i have slow download speed (gprs connection ... but i think thas normal on laptops :) )

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Hmm, omega drivers don't help

anyway tv reacts when resolution changes on boot - but don't display any image \:

maybe wrong refreshrate or something \:

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Lolita said:
Hmm, omega drivers don't help

anyway tv reacts when resolution changes on boot - but don't display any image \:

maybe wrong refreshrate or something \:

that's exactly the same problem we had with the Dell Laptop... strange the Omage didn't solved your problem.

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
There was one missing file during installation, but there realy isn't that file anywhere in it \:

Lolita

Portal Pro
June 13, 2006
Nvm it work now [bought s-video to s-video cable], but it detect as tv can have my monitor resolution so problem is in clonick i see ony top left picture and need to scroll it, when i set it down to 800*600 i can use it without problem, can i set tv as my secondary screen so i can set it different resolution etc.?

Another problem is i can't find firmware for my rdr-hx720 ):

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom