XBCDRC Plugin v1.0.1 Xbox Remote Question (1 Viewer)

elvis56

Portal Pro
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
Anyone know if this plugin still works for the original Xbox Remote and the latest MP? I see the plugin was created in 2007. I found a place that has the remotes with a usb IR for 10 bux and would grab a couple if I know that it works well.

thanks

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I dont know if it still works, but honestly, just spend another 5 bucks and pick up an MCE remote and IR reciever that will work in all your applications without any special drivers or plugins. ;)

elvis56

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I know what you are saying but I just Wanted something I can pick up on my way home from work. I found 1 MCE remote control last year and I had to drive a cross the city to find it. Dont see any MCE remotes around the computer shops here unless I order it online. They have ones that work with Vista but I am using XP.

MrBreaker

Portal Member
    June 6, 2010
    Just to let anyone know!

I use it on MP 1.1.0. rc4 and it works great!

In order to get the buttons 1-9 working, you only need to replace the key codes in the "XBox Remote.xml" file with these values =>
    <button name="1" code="206">
    <button name="2" code="205">
    <button name="3" code="204">
    <button name="4" code="203">
    <button name="5" code="202">
    <button name="6" code="201">
    <button name="7" code="200">
    <button name="8" code="199">
    <button name="9" code="198">

The "XBox Remote.xml" should be placed in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings"

Regards,

Mr. Breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom