XBMC on Apple TV2, iPad and iPhone 4...wow! (1 Viewer)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The guys @ XBMC just released XBMC for the above Apple products:
    You asked for it: XBMC for AppleTV2, iPad, iPhone4. | XBMC

With ATV2 you have suddenly a $99 FullHD streamer. For us folks back in Europe, the ATV2 is almost double the price, but still...much cheaper than Boxee.

Still, I'll personally hang on to MediaPortal :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess that will not happen due to the focus on windows & dx.

But, the xbmc team is developing a MP TV Server frontend and if that works, having a 99$ box that delivers all of that!

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, just looked it up myself. Could've been the best 99$ mediaplayer out there. Wouldn't have bought it myself. I have an adversity to apple and a fondness for mediaportal :D

plotto

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    AKL
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the AppleTV2 and have it running XBMC
    That works fine, but lately I have been trying to get the Live TV from Mediaportal to come thru to the ATV2.
    I have the XBMC TVServer runing on MPTVServer and have the plugin on the ATV2. I can get the channels to show up but cant get the Live TV to come thru
    ANy one have any thoughts or experience with this?
    Not worried about the 720 vs 1080, because its running on a 24 Inch LED in the bedroom and at any rate unless your sitting within 10 feet of a large screen TV you can not tell the difference.

Any help appreciated on getting live TV with Mediaportal

invader980

June 8, 2010
    i heard about this ... come to find out its true ... one question ( kinda noobish) but this gives the atv the ability to use decode more file formats ?

as in evrything i use in xmbc now i can watch on a apple tv ?

:sorry:(sorry for the dumb question) but i dont do APPLE product AT ALL lol so i know almost nothing about the atv, boxee i can tell u about inside and out .. lol

plotto

Portal Member
    October 4, 2007
    AKL
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats correct.
    AFter installing the XBMC onto the ATV2 you maintain the standard Apple menu but have the extra XBMC Selection.

With XBMC installed you can watch anything you have on your normal XBMC Server, plus there are other items you can download with the likes of internet TV, OnDemand etc.
    If you have MythTV installed on a Server you can stream live TV to it ( Havent Tried it but might try that this weekend)

All in all makes for a pretty cheap client. Just wished the Mediaportal TV server could be connected to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom