XBMC Xephyr skin portage (2 Viewers)

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    To me these screen look very confusing. But it seems other like the look.

Attachments

• xephyr_flyra5.jpg
      xephyr_flyra5.jpg
      259.2 KB

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As with many of those fancy skins, they look nice on a monitor, but for a 10ft experience they just look to messy/crowded. Sitting on the couch in front of the big screen I still prefer a simple skin, something that does not scream at me, something easy on the eyes.

iMse

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    But, thats just what I liked about that skin. It's very easy on the eyes in my opinion. Dont forget that you can change the backgrounds on your own. Everything is just clean about it (that's why I dont get how people can like the xface skin so much. That skin just isn't clean at all).

Avigrace

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    I think it's a little confusing in that screenshot as it is hard to make out what each screen is, but once you do it seems very clear and very useable. I like.

roosterx

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2006
    Högsäter, Sweden
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    iMse: the XBMC scene is very experimental in skin design, which i find interessting(only sad i have no use for XBMC/XBOX on my HD tv), xface skin looks quite ok when you get used to it and very important - you must use the home screen that spins(the other one looks terrible with poor resolution 'icons/pictures?!' ripped from PM3)

overall xface look quite promising, but what i miss the most with all MP skins is the possibility to use categorys more to get a much cleaner home screen(i prefer scroll up/down), like under category 'Movies' you have submenys like maybe 'TV, Movies, TV series etc', and under 'Music' you have sub categorys like 'Music Videos', 'MP3s' etc', instead of just having everything under top category or plugins category, makes all skins look very crowded and messy.
    Yeah i did notice xface has tried to do something about that, but problem is it does not care that i do not have the same plugins installed(all sub cat are static added, and not dynamically added by demand)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom