XBOX 360 Universal Media Remote (1 Viewer)

luci5r

Portal Pro
May 30, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Guys,

A long time ago, I bought the HD-DVD Add-On Drive for my XBOX 360. It came with an XBOX 360 Universal Media Remote. (Photograph Attached).

With the new 1.12 pre-release, some new remote control options have been added to Media Portal, including using XBOX 360 Wireless Controller. I was wondering, would something like this XBOX 360 Universal Media Remote work with Media Portal now using these new options? And if yes, what would I need to connect this remote to my HTPC? I'm assuming it'll need something connected to the HTPC, some kind of infra-red receiver or something, to catch the remote control signal.

Thanks!!

UMR.jpg

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    Yes you do need a separate IR receiver, I use that remote with the Microsoft MCE IR receiver (below).
    I also had to change a setting in the registry to get the receiver to listen on the right channel.

s-l1000.jpg

luci5r

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi
    Yes you do need a separate IR receiver, I use that remote with the Microsoft MCE IR receiver (below).
    I also had to change a setting in the registry to get the receiver to listen on the right channel.

View attachment 164957

But you can use that remote with Mediaportal then? I can purchase the receiver you have pictured.
    What about like Arcsoft total media theatre? That is my external player for BD ISO. Will I be able to define buttons on the remote to operate that?

Thanks!

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes you can use it with MediaPortal, I have no idea about external players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom