xface bugs and feature requests (1 Viewer)

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
First of all, I love this skin.So I would like to improve it.

First the bugs:
-Pictures - with visualization as "icons" and "big icons" anf filmstrip too, the scrolling arrows in the lower part are grayed and not usable when i move the mouse over them. Works fine in all other visualizations
Videos - same as above
Music - same as above

- Music. Clicking on pause the album art blinks in the preview screen in the lower bottom part of the screen.

-Random blinking of something in the top left area of the screen when something is playing in the preview screen.

-Playbar: volume control, does'nt work with mouse. If i click on the audio icon, the lower and raise volume icons appear but they cant be clicked, because as long as i move the mouse over them they are changed back to prev and next. I would like to rework the playbar at all and hopefully I can do something if it's not too hard.

Improvements:
-Custom icons for "play dvd" and other plugins
-WMP-like topbar. First of all I dont like the clone of WMP/vista MC. Then the up and lower volume are bugged and not intuitive. I would like to separate the volume controls. The shutdown icon in the bar needs a confirmation window.
I tried ALL the other media centers available and the playbar that I like the most is the one of cyberlink home cinema. Attached screenshot.

If somebody can point me out how to modify the playbar (some guide or smth)... hopefully the original skin creator is around :)

Attachments

• power-cinema-playbar.jpg
    power-cinema-playbar.jpg
    140.1 KB

Telstar

Portal Pro
October 18, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
I just noticed that the playbar on the top and the big icons shortcut for music, videos and pictures in the bottom right part are missing when using RC3, but that everything works fine in RC2, on which i made the comments in the above post.

Considering all the trouble that RC3 is giving me, I'll stick with RC2.

scirocco790

Portal Pro
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Using this wonderful skin i´ve discovered on big bug using tve3/0.2.3 RC3 and every time actual svns:
I can watch tv but every time i use the mini epg or tv-programm my mp stutters and sometimes it locks up.
If i use bluetwo wide skin, this problem is completely gone.
This is NO CODEC PROBLEM, because i´ve switched back to mpv. Using PDVD i have no chance to startup tv with this skin.
I think this seems to be a big bug. Hope this can be fixed soon...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using this wonderful skin i´ve discovered on big bug using tve3/0.2.3 RC3 and every time actual svns:
    I can watch tv but every time i use the mini epg or tv-programm my mp stutters and sometimes it locks up.
    If i use bluetwo wide skin, this problem is completely gone.
    This is NO CODEC PROBLEM, because i´ve switched back to mpv. Using PDVD i have no chance to startup tv with this skin.
    I think this seems to be a big bug. Hope this can be fixed soon...

Might be worthwhile posting logs on this, as works fine here useing PDVD7, it has already been pointed out on a another post that xface is a graphically more intense skin than BlueTwo, and hence use's more GPU\CPU power to render, but the difference with a reasonable grafix card should be able to handle it.

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a P4 2,6Ghz and a Radeon 9600 with 1,5Gb Ram. Think this should be enough...
    I will post the logs later...

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, I love this skin.So I would like to improve it.

First the bugs:
    -Pictures - with visualization as "icons" and "big icons" anf filmstrip too, the scrolling arrows in the lower part are grayed and not usable when i move the mouse over them. Works fine in all other visualizations
    Videos - same as above
    Music - same as above

- Music. Clicking on pause the album art blinks in the preview screen in the lower bottom part of the screen.

-Random blinking of something in the top left area of the screen when something is playing in the preview screen.

-Playbar: volume control, does'nt work with mouse. If i click on the audio icon, the lower and raise volume icons appear but they cant be clicked, because as long as i move the mouse over them they are changed back to prev and next. I would like to rework the playbar at all and hopefully I can do something if it's not too hard.

Improvements:
    -Custom icons for "play dvd" and other plugins
    -WMP-like topbar. First of all I dont like the clone of WMP/vista MC. Then the up and lower volume are bugged and not intuitive. I would like to separate the volume controls. The shutdown icon in the bar needs a confirmation window.
    I tried ALL the other media centers available and the playbar that I like the most is the one of cyberlink home cinema. Attached screenshot.

If somebody can point me out how to modify the playbar (some guide or smth)... hopefully the original skin creator is around :)

Hi,

Point1 , pictures gray problem is fixed
    Point2 , blinking problem in musicoverlay is fixed
    Point3 , random blinking Problem is fixed
    Point4. volumebar ,will overwork it

new release of the skin will comming soon ;)

Harley

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey harley, please can you take a look on this "stuttering" thing in the tvplugin? its the only issue that holds me from using xface.
    ;)

Telstar

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

Point1 , pictures gray problem is fixed
    Point2 , blinking problem in musicoverlay is fixed
    Point3 , random blinking Problem is fixed
    Point4. volumebar ,will overwork it

new release of the skin will comming soon ;)

Harley

Oh thanks god you are still around. I dont want to give up on my favourite skin.

Point 1: remember that is also for music and videos, basically anything where the view is not list.

-filmstrip scroll doesnt loop back (common to other skins). This can be annoying with LOTS of movies, where i love to use the filmstrip view.
    -tooltips over buttons and the 3 icons on the bottom
    -when going from single digit numbers to two digits, the scroll arrows move. fix: the single digit numbers should be spaced as 2-digits.

About the icons, people seem to prefer the WMP style, but I changed mine and all good (exp when the volume controls will work).
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showpost.php?p=194969&postcount=625

I still haven't figured out how to tell MP to use a custom button for plugins like "my tv series", though. Remember that you use the plugin icon for the empty/default one and it doesn't look too good when scrolling, i remade it empty with a small border and i like how it looks. I also fixed the tetris button. Feel free to use them if u wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom