h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink 7.3 h.264
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UK Freesat
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion v2 Silver
    Cooling: Scythe Mini Ninja
    Power Supply:
    Remote: MCE Remote via iMON OEM receiver
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Using the XMLTV GUI Grabber from XMLTV GUI - I'm getting excellent EPG data for DVB-S in the UK. The interface grabs data perfectly and it imports fine (manually) into TV Server xmltv plugin. However, the automatic import overrides a manual import with the error:-
    Code:
    [XmlTvImporter]: XML tv import error loading C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml err:An item with the same key has already been added.

I've attached the logs with a successful manual import followed by a failed automatic import. I'm so close to a full EPG with automatic import just this final hurdle to overcome!

Any help much appreciated as always.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Just to update: This issue resolved itself by allowing the TVServer xmltv plugin to do an automatic import on its own. I think trying to do more than 1 import a day is what creates this issue.

I recommend this method for those of you in the UK, especially DVB-S users, as I have full listings for all my channels and many, many more are available. I've even got listings for the enigmatic ITV HD. Digiguide costs £10 for 1 year (It works out cheaper per year if you buy more). It's not much for very complete listings and an active staff/community who add channels almost as quickly as they arrive. Digiguide

Follow the instructions here with XMLTV GUI to grab listings from a local installed copy of digiguide.

jimbo19

Portal Member
    February 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How do you get the files from the GUI into tvserver ? the files aren't the right naming convention and dont have the dtd file ?

Ok found out how to get it saved as tvguide.xml - how do you get the dtd file ?
    Doh - sorted now !!!
    xmltv gui is much faster than the command line version - can't believe how much faster it is !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom