[EPG] XMLTV import plugin sanity check (1 Viewer)

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I would love for a quick change to the XMLTV import plugin for TV Server so that it performs a sanity check on the tvguide.xml file before importing. What happens on occation for me is that WebEPG grapper fails and creates just a tiny tvguide.xml file with vitrtually no data. If we could have an option to say, only import if the tvguide.xml file is more than 400kb or similar this would be avoided. This should be a checkable option and not default enabled.

Thanks.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    WebEPG is currently being ported to TVSevrer.
    When this is finished (quite soon) I hope to fix this problem in a more elegant way. For example we could just delete existing recordings only for the time range that WebEPG has new data. This is better since you may have data for half the channels but not for the rest (as a result of transient network failure for example).

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Bother I've just posted a new thread for a feature to only delete existing EPG data for channels that actually have data in an XMLTV import, which I think overlaps with this request. My system has this change (to 1.0.2) and it works really well allowing th use of XMLTV and off air EPG data side by side. Please feel free to merge my post into this one...

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom