[xmltv import] "the system does not support iso-8859-1& (1 Viewer)

boxed

Portal Member
August 26, 2005
I've searched at least 24h for a solution to this problem, but couldn't find anything that matched the error i get....

When i try to import the tv channels from my tvguide.xml file (which i perfectly filled with the most recent data) by clicking on "import from tvguide" i get the following error:

D:\Program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml
error:invalid XML file:The system does not support 'iso-8859-1' encoding. Line 1, position 31.

And indeed the xml file does say that it is encoded in with the iso-8859-1 standard, doesn't mediaportal support this standard, or is it my windows that is a bit messed up?

Cheers, Richard

boxed

Portal Member
August 26, 2005
I've tried it, the xml file gets accepted but ik get a error on every character like "é".

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Strange,

A long shot, but maybe "iso" should be "ISO"? Mine's like this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
    and is working just fine?

Good luck,
    Michel

boxed

Portal Member
    August 26, 2005
    Well..... it does work a bit, but mediaportal gives some errors about some characters it does not recognise.
    Also it is a lot of trouble to go thru for just updating a tvguide :confused:

boxed

Portal Member
    August 26, 2005
    I'm trying to get the channels, frequencies and tvguide right.
    I'm still kind of new to mediaportal and haven't found a way to automatically setup all the channels and frequencies

OK, i've just got rid of a annoying .net error and was able to lookup the channels. Phew, that'll save me some time.... now for the tvguide....

boxed

Portal Member
    August 26, 2005
    Great, i worked around the iso/utf problem by using WebEPG to update the tv-guide!

Thanks for the quick reply guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom