XMMImporter (1 Viewer)

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
XMMImporter [Official Thread]

XMM Importer v0.0.0.2 - Released 061011
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/VideoorMovies/XMMImporter/

New version posted to the repository. Will get updated after approval.

* Second update to XMM Importer. Many changes and some bug fixes hopefully.
* Bugs Fixed
* - Videos with the same name/path were not being imported correctly. The duplicate
* files were being ignored. Updated the FileLinkMovie method in the MPVideoDB file to
* always add a movie file.
* - Path setting in the "movie" table of the MP video database was not correct. The
* path is now updated when the file is added in the AddFile method in the MPVideoDB file.
* - Saving settings didn't work in MP. Updated the saving/loading settings methods
* to match the MP methods and data is stored in the MediaPortal.xml file. You must
* press OK when exiting the MP configuration to actually save settings.
* Enhancements/New Features
* + Added some error checking before attempting to clear the MP database file.
* Previously, if a user pointed to an invalid file, then the program would crash. Now
* the file existance is checked before continuing.
* + Database views alpha version implemented. A generic views structure is possible
* with the views editor in the configuration of XMM Importer. There are some bugs still.
* For example, a view with more than 3 levels cannot be saved currently.
* + GUI code added to support the views structure. A skin file is included with this
* release. You can only view the database contents currently until the actual code for
* playing files is implemented.

robytex

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Your plugin will be very usefull for me, and many others:
Without it I can't use MPortal because I have 550 movies to import!
Unfortunatly I have this error (see the attach) and the plugin doesn't
work!
Can you help me?
TIA
Robytex

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
robytex,

I've only tested with XMM v5 databases. I have not used with v4. There is a type mismatch somewhere. I should really be more careful when I'm programming I guess.

If you're using a v5 database, do you mind sending it to me so I can reproduce the problem on my system?

Jesse

robytex

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Yes, I'm using XMM v5.
I've used the example database, downloaded with the shareware version.
You could try programming the import of the important fields only.
It could be easier.
In my opinion the most important fields are: (in XMM)
Tittle, Original Title, Genre, Director, rating, lenght, media type, movie file 1-2-3,
cover, location, custom1-2.
These are the most important information to popolate the MP database, the
other could be retrieved from IMDB in a second step.
I'm very surprised by the difficulty to import data in MP. I would like to migrate
from Meedio to MP but without an import tool it will be impossible.
Your tool is on the good way.
TIA

JoeDanzer

September 15, 2006
First off I just want to say, Thank you so much for making a plugin for XMM for Media Portal. I have been keeping a database of my movies in XMM for a couple years now and it is roughly around 4500 movies now. I would love to be able to display my collection and all the information in media portal. I used to have Meedio but unfourtunately it is no longer supported. Your plugin looks just like the answer to all my problems.

I am using the newest version of XMM and when I try to use your plugin I am getting the same error as Robytex. I would be happy to assist you in getting this plugin up and running. I know a lot about computers but absolutely nothing about programming. If there are any resources I can gather for you or any files that I can send you to help you test this out please let me know.

BTW I am using WinXP home and the newest ver of media portal and xmm.

thank you so much for your time and efforts.

-Joe Danzer

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your comments. Sorry about the lack of development for this plugin. I'll go back and take a look at it again. I had missed robytex's last email. I'll try looking at the example database to see what happens with the import.

For my information, what version of MP are you using?

Jesse

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
I just tried in debug mode to import the example database. It seems to work on my end without any problems. However, I'm getting a crash now with trying to run the configuration with the latest MP, so I will need to investigate.

I can try to send a standalone exe to test if I cannot get this figured out. Does it crash for you when trying to import the example database too?

Jesse

EDIT:

Could someone try this standalone EXE on their system to see if the import works with this? I'm having troubles fixing a crash with the configuration. Something has changed in the recent MP version.

When you start the program, click in the top right corner on the button that says "XMMImportForm()". That should bring up the configuration. You may need to copy the System.Data.SQlite.dll into the directory as well.

Jesse

JoeDanzer

September 15, 2006
Hesse,

I really appreciate you looking into this. I am currently on a very busy work schedule but I will look at the exe you posted this weekend. Once again thanks, and take care.

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
Hesse,

I really appreciate you looking into this. I am currently on a very busy work schedule but I will look at the exe you posted this weekend. Once again thanks, and take care.

Joe, I completely understand.

For everyone else, there is an updated dll in that .RAR file. In the latest versions of MP, I had to copy it into the plugins folder AND the main MP folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\Team Media Portal\Media Portal). Its working for me.

There are some features that I was working on that I'll get back to when I get some free time. I'm implementing a generic views structure similar to that in Meedio. Along with that is a generic media module. You can see the views setup in the updated dll. I did have an XML skin file so you could browse though the views, unfortunately, I accidentally deleted it without any backups :(.

Jesse

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jesse

testet your plugin, really good work, but i have two problems:

everytime i started the i have to select the path to xmm and mps database.

the import only apllies to 3 movies in mp-db, but in the xmm one are 22.

regards
    chefkoch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom