XP Beast Edition - Missing a service! (1 Viewer)

m.standish

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Wakefield
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi im trying to reinstall a new setup running on Tiny XP - Beast Edition,
For those not famaliar it s a streamlined xp install, with a lot of useless stuff removed.
My problem is its removed too much!

I need to instal my DVBT card and i keep getting the error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Which is rubbish!, Ive already done the fault finding on the driver and its fine.
What i THINK is happening is the drivers need access to some service / windows component that Tiny XP has removed or disabled and i need to find out what so i can patch that back into my install

I came across a program years ago that would log all the files + processes called and run when you started something but i cant find it now and i think this may help me find the problem,if so I can run this on a full XP install and see what files have been accessed to run the cards driver and replicate onto my TINY xp install
any help would be greatly appreciated

What are the requirements for a video capture device ( as in services / runtimes / ect )
Ive got all the standard stuff in directX,ect

The card is a compro videomate t300

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is the risk when running a "lite" XP install.

And unfortunately it can be very tricky to figure out what's causing the problem.

When slipstreaming a lite install of XP you should be very careful and only remove the components you know for a fact are not needed.

I think Dependency Walker can tell you what is being loaded, other than that I'm sure there is something in the SysInternals suite of programs that could help.

Good luck,

m.standish

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Wakefield
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thanks for the names! ill try them now!
    Yeah i realise about the slipstream thing but ive run 3 or 4 different nlite installs and i just cant touch the size or speed of beast xp.
    Im aiming at sticking it on a solid state dev and running XPe so i appreciate your comment but its the way i have to go :eek:(

BEAUTIFULL, THANK YOU!

Ran the .sys driver through depedancy walker - bdasup.sys not around!
    Gotta sort all the BDA Drivers out now but it would have taken me a LONG time to figure!
    Thanks again

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No problem,

I've been known to muck around with nLite myself so I understand what you're doing, but it can be tricky.

Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom