XP or Vista? (1 Viewer)

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I will soon have to reinstall my PC and I would like to hear opinions, whether it's already the time to go for Vista, or should I still stick with XP?

Earlier XP was the only possibility due to Reclock, but now the latest Reclock supports also Vista.

One interesting point is performance. Is there any difference in CPU usage when watching 1080P material using CoreAVC depending on the OS?

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Well, this might sound odd, but why don't you install the Windows7 beta? it works great and better then Vista. Mediaportal works much better for on this new OS then it does in Vista, and that is weird though. Performance in Windows7 seems much better, when I enabled EVR as Directcontrol filter, everything was choppy. Now (with Coreavc) EVR works 90% better (still not perfect for me unfortunately).

You can get Windows7 everywhere, you can use the beta till august and then upgrade it to the newest beta or final release. It's free, it's fast and it hasn't any downsides at all.

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for your comments. I have two Terratec Cinergy DVB-C cards which should work also in Vista.

Does Reclock & Vista drivers work with Windows 7 beta? What about standby?

Dannydeman

Portal Pro
    May 5, 2008
    Thanks for your comments. I have two Terratec Cinergy DVB-C cards which should work also in Vista.

Does Reclock & Vista drivers work with Windows 7 beta? What about standby?

Everything that works in Windows Vista, will work in Windows 7, they use the same driver model.
    Standby options are also much better in Windows 7, Vista could be a little problematic on some PC's with standby options.

I might make a new topic somewhere about Mediaportal and Windows7, it's really a good thing to use i.c.w. Mediaportal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom