XP Pro with MP, easiest way to set up codecs or use potplayer? (1 Viewer)

Jonesy_SA

April 26, 2011
Home Country
Hi all,

PC Specs:
Dell 755 SFF XP Pro, Cor2Duo E6550 @ 2.34, 4gig ram, GFX HIS HD5450, 80g hdd for OS etc and media on NAS and USB drive.

I began an install on another pc (same specs but desktop) i got upto the point of configuring MP but was halted while waiting for my MCE remote and then loss of job (i didn't want to distract myself when applying for work). Anyhow, i have aquired the same PC but a SFF which looks better next to my TV and the original desktop will become a Hackintosh.

Anyhow, originally i followed the tutorial for setting up codecs here (i followed the instructions in each section):
Codecs - MediaPortal Wiki

I found the process a bit time consuming and was wondering if there is a better method that simplifies the process?
Also, i have been recommended to use potplayer as its a very good quality player and comes with all codecs pre installed?
PotPlayer x86/x64 (aka "KMPlayer Reloaded") ...in english now! - Doom9's Forum

My requirements are pretty simple, must work with my MCE remote, play a good selection of Video Codecs and provide good support for sub-titles as i watch quite a few foreign films.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks in advance :):D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Jonesy_SA

I think SAF would be ideal for you. Relatively simple installation and configuration for a wide range of video encodings and formats.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom