Yay! It works! (1 Viewer)

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just got the TV server up and running for the first time! The first couple of attempts had stalled where the client plugin just froze.

But now, I'm sat here watching a Nam film on BBC 1. (dual monitor setup :))

Thankyou very much guys! Looks like it's coming along. I'll keep you posted with bug reports and logs should anything go awry :)

James

klinsek

Portal Member
February 14, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I appreciate people who chime in like this. I really want to get away from client side recording and move to a DVR server solution. Reading stuff like this helps my research and decision making process.

Thanks for the info and please report back. :)

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
Be interesting to hear what your setup as i'm desperate to give the new tv engine another try. Last time I tried around christmas i was still having problems just getting the client to even connect.

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
Last time I tried was around Christmas too, but now it's working fine. There is something missing from the walk-through configuration videos though, which is to set the SQL service discovery process thing to start automatically. There's a thread somewhere on the forum that I had to follow, but other than that it all works for me.

Had the occasional segfault so far in the client plugin, and the channel ordering is stuffed, but it holds together well enough for me to watch TV in my room now.

What specifically did you want to know about my setup? It's just a default install of 2003 server, with a nova-t card in.

James

f0rmula

Portal Pro
January 25, 2006
Cambridge
Home Country
One client in my bedroom at the mo. When it's more stable I'll change my frontend in the louge from linux/mythtv to MediaPortal.

on_bed.jpg

The server is a 1.2ghz Celeron tulatin. 512mb ram. Nothing special. Low power consumption, and cost naff all from ebay. It's also my DNS/DHCP/file server.

I'm not sure if recording works yet, as all my schedule is knackered due to me not setting the timezone corrrectly:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...g_my_timezone-t19573.html?p=128385#post128385

I've set it to record something, but it'll not be what is shown in the guide. I'll let you know if it records OK though.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom