Yet another crash problem for me... Froze up viewing live TV (1 Viewer)

kkozma

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Dayton, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: XP Home SP3
CPU Type: AMD 64 X2 4800+
HDD: Seagate 500gb
Memory: 1gb
Motherboard: Foxconn MCP61SM2MA-RS2H
Video Card: ATI Radeon 2600HD
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.9
Sound Card: ATI Radeon 2600HD
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: HDhomerun
1. TV Card Type: ATSC
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: HDhomerun
2. TV Card Type: ATSC
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Default
h.264 Video Codec: Default
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE 2005
TV: Olevia 332h
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Right in the middle of live tv, it just stopped and quit to my desktop. This is REALLY starting to get irritating and I'm about 5 minutes from giving up on mediaportal all together. I haven't been able to do squat with live TV and not have it crash in one way or another.

Pay attention to the time frame around 22:49 in the mediaportal.log and 22:48 or so in TSWriter.log.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Unfortunately that log doesn't show any reason why writing TS file failed. Also it would be nice to see TsReader / MediaPortal logs to be able to tell more about the crash itself (as tv server didn't crash based on the logs).

What kind of timeshifting setting syou are having in tv setup?

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    I thought for sure I included the mediaportal.log in there when I made that zip, but it's not there and I believe the backup is already gone off the machine... I remember reading something about an extrernal process threw an exception.

Anyways, I didn't touch any of the time shifting settings at all, so whatever MP itself sets up is what they are.

Yep, the log is gone off my computer. I told my wife to leave it running all day today to see if it will do it again.

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Just talked to te wife. No crashes in almost 6 hours. I'll be a happy camper if I get home at 5:00 and see that my tv service ran for 10 hours without crashing.

Before I went to bed last night I did some looking around and noticed that the indexing service was enabled on my drive. I wonder if it's possible that it tried to index the ts buffer files and just glitched out? I always turn that crap off on my PC's but this was a fresh install and I forgot to turn it off. What tipped me off is I have an external USB drive I have set to go to sleep after x minutes and I heard it spin up with no intervention from me what so ever.

thoughts?

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    Ok, I just got home and checked. TV was still playing, so just shy of 11 hours with no crash. That being said I installed disaster123's tsReader.ax file last night so it's possible that may have had something to do with it. However, when I reviewed the logs there's quite a bit of stutering audio recovery listed.

Can someone have a look, please? Attached are MediaPortal.log and TsReader.log.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom